Author Topic: Ruger Old Army value  (Read 986 times)

Offline ricktile

• Trade Count: (0)
Ruger Old Army value
« on: February 03, 2011, 07:13:00 AM »
A friend of mine has a Ruger Old Army that is new in the box from the 70's.  He says he wants $300 to $400 for it which to me means I will pay $300.  I fully intend to pick it up from him tomorrow.  Is this a good deal and is there anything I need to know about them?  I already shoot and old spanish cap and ball revolver so am not completely new to them.

Offline Cleburne

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
Re: Ruger Old Army value
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 01:10:52 PM »
$300.00 is a good price. I picked one up, NIB for that price at a local show about a year ago. Blued steel, adjustable rear sight, 7-1/2" barrel. Decided I didn't need it since I've had a .58 Remington for years that I just can't part with. Sold the Ruger for $400.00. Make the purchase and don't look back.

Cleburne

Offline hillbill

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 01:24:37 PM »
id like it for less than 400 buks for sure. if yu want to make money try to get it as close to 300 buks as yu can.i was watching them on gunbroker untill i finally purchased one and had around 400$ in it with shipping. used in box with 2 molds and nipple wrench.it was about what they were going for at the time but the molds and stuff made it a better deal.its probably the most accurate larger bore handgun i own.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 01:27:34 PM »
forgot to add,ruger is still honoring the lifetime gaurantee on these or was last summer, but parts are in short supply. the first one i had was broken and they gave me a choice of any revolver they made brand new to replace it cuz they couldnt fix it.

Offline ricktile

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »
Sounds like a plan.  I should have it tomorrow.  Now if the weather would just improve some so I can get out and shoot.....