Author Topic: Anyone heard of a Field and Stream riflescope? Added ?? about Redfields Tracker  (Read 1348 times)

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
 I got one in a large box of stuff at an auction, its a 3X9X40, Japanese made, Hy-Scor model.  I'm curious as its age, etc, I've looked all over the internet with no success.  Also can someone tell me anything about Redfields Tracker model-were they decent scopes and where were they made?  Thanks!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
 no idea on the field and stream but the trackers were a buget scope from redfield. They have friction adjustments vs click on the better models and didnt have multi coated lenses.
blue lives matter

Offline Delbert

• Trade Count: (0)
I've heard of F&S scopes. I don't have one though. They were made sometime in the late 60's or early 70's and were a good budget scope. If it's an aluminum tube, it was probably made by Bushnell, and if it's a steel body was probably made by Weaver. These two company's made a lot of scopes to be used by other names, just like today with scope manufactures making scopes for other names to use----Cabela's use Bushnell to make many of their scopes just to name one. I have an old scope by Jason(they also made binoculars) which is owned by Bushnell, but has gone out of business. Very good scope like F&S scopes, but they don't have the glass coatings like today's scope lens' do, but still good scopes that I wouldn't be afraid to use on a small caliber rifle.
Del

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Here's a lot of info on scope brands including the Tracker.

Tim

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/brand.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
 Thank you, Sirs!  Delbert, I once had a Jason brand scope, it came on a Rem 742 .243 I bought in the late 70's.  It looked old even then.  I admit being a bit overboard concerning old Japanese scopes, anytime I can buy one thats not beat up and priced right I buy it.  This Field and Stream scope will make close to two dozen I have.  Guess that makes me a collector?   (nuther word for sumbody with more money than sense)