Author Topic: .223 military brass  (Read 767 times)

Offline zoner

• Trade Count: (53)
.223 military brass
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:26:34 AM »
the mini 14 is gone and i 've got a bunch of once fired "TW72 and TW73" brass. I was thinking about selling it in the classifieds but since i never reloaded this stuff didn't know how much trouble it is to deprime and prime. Any of you guys used this stuff?

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: .223 military brass
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:31:12 AM »
It's no more trouble to prep than any other military brass.  Decap, swage the primer pocket, resize, reprime and load.  You might want to be aware this Twin Cities brass is rather heavy, as was most military brass of the era which means less capacity and must be loaded accordingly.  Current military brass can be some of the lightest and highest capacity available.  This being said, your almost 40 year old brass is still serviceable but not not my first choice for brass.

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 11:35:40 AM »
Who's TW ?

Anyways de-primeing is as easy as any other case if it's Boxer primed and removing the crimp isn't really a big deal at all, I've a bunch of Lake City stuff and consider it really good brass. Processing a few hundered pc's is just an afternoon job.
Berdan Primer is another story, personally wouldn't want it.
If/when I purchase mil brass, I want to see the primer and crimp intact. That way I'll know it's "once fired"
found elsewhere

Offline JRiddle

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 01:08:53 PM »
TW=Twin Cities Ordnance Plant, Minneapolis, MN

"Give me Liberty...or I'll get up, and get it myself."