Author Topic: NEF 20 Gauge with Kicks Screw In Chokes  (Read 1443 times)

Offline TopsBlades

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF 20 Gauge with Kicks Screw In Chokes
« on: February 01, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »
I was at a local gun show this weekend and saw a familiar single shot 20 gauge with an odd muzzle brake on it.  I picked it up and it had a Kick's Screw In Choke on it.  The NEF was in excellent condition so I did a little trading with him and ended up getting the little beauty for about $100.

I haven't shot it yet and I've spent a little time on the Kicks website but I am still a little in the dark as to where I might be able to get other chokes for it.  The gentleman who sold it to me said that they have a slug insert with rifling that will stabilize a slug.  That sounds really good.  I would like to be able to hunt small game, deer and use the shotgun for defense when needed.

I would appreciate any information and any comments about this unique little shotgun.

Thanks,

Rick
HOOAH!!!  It's an Army thing!

TopsBlades@gmail.com

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: NEF 20 Gauge with Kicks Screw In Chokes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 03:03:18 PM »
I had one just like that, they're great shotguns. They take the same screw in chokes as a Mossberg 500 20 gauge so you'll have no problem finding other chokes for it. T/C Encore, Browning Invector and Winchoke chokes also fit. It's very versatile so it will do any type of hunting you want within it's range. Try old fashioned Foster type slugs through a cylinder, improved or mod choke before you go out and buy a rifled choke. You'll be surprised how well they can shoot with just the bead sight. Mine would group 2.5" at 50 yards with the bead sight using cheapo Remington Sluggers. If I didn't get bit by the 16 gauge bug I'd still have that shotgun.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline TopsBlades

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NEF 20 Gauge with Kicks Screw In Chokes
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I plan on picking up a variety of shells and giving it a wringing out at the range.

I'll keep you posted.  Anyone else?

Thanks,

Rick
HOOAH!!!  It's an Army thing!

TopsBlades@gmail.com