Author Topic: Simmons Master series ?  (Read 682 times)

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Simmons Master series ?
« on: February 20, 2011, 09:47:16 AM »
I just bought a Browning x bolt in .243 now I don"t have much money for a scope. I found this Simmons master hunter and the ad seems to have what I want in a scope. Has anyone used one what kind of review would you give it ?

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
Re: Simmons Master series ?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 11:39:59 AM »
I'm not sure of what you're wanting to spend,but I would look at a Bushnell or one of the marked down Nikons at a similar price point, maybe a Mueller also. If you decide to upgrade you'll have a scope you can at least get some of your money back on the optics classified here.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Simmons Master series ?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 11:54:13 AM »
Country Boy,  There is a variety of "master series" Simmons scopes.   Blazer, 8 Point, Prosport, Prodiamond, Prohunter, Aetec.   Blazer being the lowest Simmons quality and Prohunter or Aetec being their highest quality.  Suggest you consider only the ProHunter versions....have a few of them on mid to light recoiling  centerfire rifles and they've been more than adequate for my range target shooting.   Decent glass and I've had no problems with mine....matter of fact, the two 257 Roberts rifles I put about 40 rounds with downrange today, one had a 6-18x40 side focus  Prohunter and other a 6-21x44 side focus.   Be aware that many of the Master Series scopes made under Meade ownership are now discontinued by Bushnell.....good bargains on them pricewise.....but may be a problem on many models for warranty replacement/repair since change of ownership.