Author Topic: cva apex .50 cal ml  (Read 734 times)

Offline pshootr

• Trade Count: (0)
cva apex .50 cal ml
« on: October 18, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »
just wanted to let any of you guys know who were thinking about buying an apex muzzleloader that i bought one last week and made it out to the range with it today.i am very pleased to say that it is the best front stuffer i have ever owned, and i have had a lot of them.topped her off with a 3 to 9 trophy xlt,very nice scope for the money,started at 50 yds,3 shots after bore sighting and i was set to go back to 100 yds.3 more shots and one more adjustment on the scope and i was cutting holes 3 inches high at 100 yds.i gambled on the load cause it was what i had readily available.3 triple 7 pellets and a 250 grain shockwave sabots was what the gun liked without any fuss at all.i think cva got all the bugs out of this gun in the 2 and a half years its been available.trigger is very clean and crisp,and not one complaint to be had from this happy customer.oh and clean up was a breeze,a 5 year old can remove the breech plug after 20 shots!!!!!!! ;)

Offline OK hunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
Re: cva apex .50 cal ml
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 05:51:12 PM »
Glad to hear you are having good success.  I bought one and have had good results as well.  I'm only using 100 grains (pellets) of triple 7.  I put a 1.5-6x36 Bushnell Elite 4200 scope i had on mine and like it alot.

Didn't get out this weekend to hunt but will be among them late this week.

Good luck with yours.
Yeah, I'm a rifle looney

Offline pshootr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
THANKS OK HUNTER!I JUST PICKED UP A 7MM-08 BARREL,COULDNT BELIEVE I FOUND ONE ON CVA WEBSITE,JUST LAST WEEK THEY WERE SOLD OUT OF 308,7MM,35 WHELEN,ALSO GOT A SILVER 3 TO 9 TROPHY XLT SCOPE TO PUT ON THIS BARREL AND OF COURSE THE RIFLE FOREARM,CANT WAIT TO GET IT ALL HERE SO I CAN GO TO THE RANGE AND SHOOT.IM PRETTY CONFIDENT THAT THIS BARREL WILL PERFORM AS GOOD AS THE 50 CAL MUZZLELOADER SET UP..

Offline OK hunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 06:17:58 PM »
I have a 308 bbl that I'm thinking I might sell.  It came with the rifle and I'm full of 308's so I ordered a 7-08 and 222 Rem for it.
Yeah, I'm a rifle looney