Author Topic: the NAA 22 and 22 Mag  (Read 1001 times)

Offline john keyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
the NAA 22 and 22 Mag
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:50:55 AM »
anybody got one?  reliable and rugged? 
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline TOGO

• Avid Poster
Re: the NAA 22 and 22 Mag
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:16:22 AM »
Yes, I have the mini mag, 1 1/8" barrel it is pretty much a in your face gun. At the range 10 - 15 feet I can keep the rounds in a 4" circle. It is very well made, I bought it more for the novelty, I would rather protect myself with a .380 or above.

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:20:29 AM »
I have one of the original FA models in .22 mag.  Carried it for years in my shirt pocket as a hide out gun when I was a street cop.  Maybe 3 -400 rounds thru it.  Always reliable, and could keep my shots on a man sized target at 25 yards if I used the sights.  The NAA guns are very similar, and work well.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 09:05:38 AM »
NAA is quality stuff.  The one I had was from a run of 750 total guns.  Had a 2.5 inch barrel.  Got rid of it when I realized it could not save me from anyone other than an extremely unmotivated attacker. 

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 05:15:51 AM »
Those little guns will last a lifetime for the simple reason that you won't want to shoot it very much.  ;D
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 05:58:41 AM »
Great little guns!!  I call them "pocket rockets"!!

I have a little short, (MOST accurate!!) a "beeper sized' 22LR and two 22 mags, the 1 1/8 and a the 1 5/8" barrels.

Accurate enough for what I need them for, back up to a primary or deep cover third gun. I have dispatched big game with mine many times. (Cou-de-gra shots.)

I once shot a Pigeon flying with the 22Mag!! NO BULL!!! (Lucky shot, but I called it and I did it with witnesses!)

I love them fishing as they are stainless and getting wet hurts nothing, the 22M bird shot works well on close snakes. The short barrel and shallow rifling seems perfect to bird shot! It peppers tin cans at your feet!! MUCH better than my S&W 651!!!
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 06:56:36 AM »
I have one I carry all the time in a coin purse, they are extremely well made and function perfectly, hard to believe they can make something this small that is so sturdy.  Larry

A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.