Author Topic: Non-Standard calibers bore lap kits  (Read 1322 times)

Offline rcguerin

• Trade Count: (0)
Non-Standard calibers bore lap kits
« on: December 16, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »
Are the Push Trough Slugs and the Bore Lap Kits available in non standard diameters? I've some .328-.331 bore rifles I'd like to use them on.

Thanks;
R. Guerin

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Lead Bullet Technology
Re: Non-Standard calibers bore lap kits
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:34:42 PM »
The lap kit is compound enough for MANY guns with very detailed instructions for lapping all kinds of guns, fixing pitted barrels etc.

Push through slugs are specific for the caliber.  I believe 8 MM have enough range to reach your .328 bores but if not .338 caliber would work OK with perhaps a bit more force being needed to get them through the barrel. or a bit of filing on the guide bands with keep the tiny measuring band running straight.  The guid bands don't have to be filed precision.  just scrub them down till the Push through will drop into the muzzle up to the measuring band.  Then slip it into a cleaning rod and run it from the breech end, or muzzle if your guns will not accept a cleaning rod coming in from the rear.
I can make you molds for those guns, gas checked, by  cutting the shank to accept 338 checks.  They will size and shoot as well as if the checks were made for your guns.

The last paragraph is true of almost any caliber ever made, up to 512, which are the largest checks made.  Or one can make custom checks or shoot plainbase with LBT molds up to 8 bore.   If you have an old gun with pitted bore, that appears to be hopeless for lead, try my method first.    If there is some rifling visable most barrels will still shoot if lapped and polished per my lap instructions, then a proper bullet mold cut to suit whatever size it happens to be.  Extreme throat wear can also normally be forgiven with a proper bullet design.  Try me and you'll probably be very happy with what I can do for you.

If you have any questions about special molds which aren't listed in my catalog, email me.  Not many requests have to be turned away.                     LBTisAccuracy@localnet.com
Veral Smith