Author Topic: SRH Mount converter???  (Read 525 times)

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
SRH Mount converter???
« on: January 29, 2011, 04:15:11 AM »
Hi All,

I'm looking to put a reflex type dot sight on my SRH.  It needs a weaver type rail conversion.  I've looked around in the normal places and can't seem to fins one.  Basically, I need some kind of conversion that will use the existing SRK ring dovetail and a setup for a weaver attachment.

Any ideas???
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline odoh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: SRH Mount converter???
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 05:19:32 PM »
Burris makes a set of bases you seek but have not heard good things about them. Such deviations from OEM can get pricey. I personally would look at www.jackweigand.com/ for the 454/480 rather than 44 as its a more rugged arrangement. However it'll cost you use of the rear sight and most all these arrangements will place the optics that much higher. I've used the weigand w/o a problem on my 454 SRH

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:52:46 AM »
Will have a look!  Thanks!

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline irold

• Trade Count: (22)
  • A Real Regular
  • "Live today , for tomorrow may never come"
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 03:06:23 AM »
drdougrx ,

maybe little late with this , but I just went to Midways web site.  They list what your looking for , both to convert from Ruger to Weaver and as odoh stated a base that replaces the rear sight.  I've always used the oem system with a scope....mainly cause I can remove the scope and use the irons if need be.  Then put the scope back on , and it is very close to the original zero.  At least minute of deer @ 50 yds.  So on a special hunt when your out in the thick of things and drop the gun.....only a matter  removing the mounts to perhaps saving the hunt.  Had a friend that used the weaver adaptor style.....couldn't keep it tight....I understand your problem tho.   If your not planning on removing the reflex....I'd go with the type that replaces the rear sight , it looks like it would be a better setup.

regards irold

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 03:54:46 AM »
Thanks Irold...I'll have a look.  Still trying to figure out holsters , etc, if I do make the change.  Would like the flexability of irons and reflex.

Offline odoh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 05:21:30 AM »
Sometime ago, back when I picked up an XVR X-Frame I ordered out a S&W Bandoleer (by DeSantis) from their website that works well for my optic sighted SRH. It is made of cordura altho they have leather ($$) avail ~ also w & w/o scope version. Think I paid $55 for it at that time and love it. I'm not a purist but if you are a sharpie could take care of the bold/brightly embroidered 460 VXR across the front. For large scoped SA I use the leather bandoleer from Mag Research (BFR). There are choices out there that seems to be growing as the market grows.

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 06:21:20 AM »
Thanks Odoh....I'm going to get my guns squared away first and then accessories!!!!  yeah...right.... ;)