Author Topic: Prediction..  (Read 992 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Prediction..
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:38:21 AM »
    Prediction concerning Afghan conflict;
       B. Hussein Obama is getting ready to finally "cut and run"...  Now that he and his chosen advisers have run up higher daily, weekly & monthly casualty figures than we ever experienced in recent conflicts involving places such as Grenada, Panama, Kuwait or Iraq..it looks like the "handwriting is on the wall"   
  They can never win..until they are willing to identify just who is our enemy and what ideaology drives him!  ...But the Libs are saying nothing.. :-X
    The new "rules of engagement" have killed our people at an alarming rate, since it appears the Liberals in charge would seemingly prefer that our troops rather than Afghans, take the casualties.
    Surely I don't have to reiterate here, that Liberals just don't have the intestinal fortitude required to go for victory.  Has anyone here ever heard our present C-in-C or any of his appointed military chain-of-command ever use the term "victory" in reference to the present mideast conflict ?
       Has anyone heard any liberal since WW2 suggest "victory" as an end result to such conflicts ?

President Reagan called for victory in Grenada and the cold war..and got it.

Pres Bush #41 called for victory in Panama and Kuwait... and got it. 

Bush #43 called for victory and free elections in Iraq..and that was accomplished ! 

Presently our troops are fighting with "one hand tied behind their backs"...a liberal "feel good" move...so long as they or their sons & daughters are not involved.

...But here's a "heads up"...watch for a "cut & Run" doctrine..

" There is no substitute for victory"!  .....Gen Douglas MacArthur
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Re: Prediction..
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 01:56:16 AM »
Depends,  most liberal leaders can't resist the temptation to play general, like Johnson. If the man is smart enough to let the military who are trained to be Generals run things, then the war could be prosecuted successfully. Bama appears to be uninterested in things military, so maybe there is a chance. On the other hand those he appoints as defense sec. etc. may screw things up.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 03:28:29 AM »
IG....are you saying Gen David Petreaus, an engineer of Iracq victory  ::) but in Afghanistan, graveyard of empires,,,,is having his hands tied...BHO? Congress allocates the money...the FED authorizes printing of the money....so what do you see is the problem..?

..TM7

TM;

I am saying that all our troops are being forced to fight with their hands tied (natural result of  BHO's new ROE).  It appears evident that Gen Petraeus is willing to follow the orders of his C-in-C and process the grand schemes developed by... who knows..Saul Alinsky ?... Nancy Pelosi  ?...or Rev Wright ?? 
  Not surprising if they did; since it has been long known that Liberals harbor a great antipathy toward the military.
    As with all  military, generals Petraeus and McChrystal ... serve at the behest of their C-in-C.  If they don't agree with their orders, they can either follow those orders..or resign.  McChrystal and Petraeus each handled that decision in their own way.

The real tragedy is that there are so many ignorant voters; who are willing to place a "neighborhood  organizer" in as C-in-C !  :o :P   
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 04:02:55 AM »
..........  The real tragedy is that there are so many ignorant voters; who are willing to place a "neighborhood  organizer" in as C-in-C !  :o :P   
The haberdasher the ignorant voters put in charge a generation ago did ok.

Offline Gary G

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 05:31:27 AM »
Prediction:
The economy will collapse before the war ends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wars erode capital investment.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 05:53:52 AM »
IRONGLOW. Good posts. As you said, the new rules cost American lives and it's plain the obamination does not care. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 07:18:19 AM »
GaryG may well have the better prediction. Historicly what did britain gain in Afghanistan? Historicly what did Russia gain in Afghanistan? Hundreds of years prior to Britains experience?

The difference between bush II, iraq and afghanistan, and chairman "o's" iraq and afghanistan are fairly well illustrated in Gen Petraeus' operations success. The differance as stated is not Gen Petraeus, but the CIC's , Gen Patraeus is a soldier. First and foremost. His command receives the orders HE got from his CIC's. If that if those orders include a tighter ROE then those are his orders and NOT his fault. Chairman "O" issues the orders. And Gen Petraeus does have a son who he a few months ago pinned jump wings on. The jump wings he now wears belonged to his grand father. I  have not heard if he has been deployed yet.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 07:58:32 AM »
GaryG may well have the better prediction. Historicly what did britain gain in Afghanistan? Historicly what did Russia gain in Afghanistan? Hundreds of years prior to Britains experience?

The difference between bush II, iraq and afghanistan, and chairman "o's" iraq and afghanistan are fairly well illustrated in Gen Petraeus' operations success. The differance as stated is not Gen Petraeus, but the CIC's , Gen Patraeus is a soldier. First and foremost. His command receives the orders HE got from his CIC's. If that if those orders include a tighter ROE then those are his orders and NOT his fault. Chairman "O" issues the orders. And Gen Petraeus does have a son who he a few months ago pinned jump wings on. The jump wings he now wears belonged to his grand father. I  have not heard if he has been deployed yet.

Not faulting Petraeus, he's a soldier and follows orders. Then too, it looks like he was not apprised of the new ROE...until after he agreed to stay on.
        Some elected officials have never "been there or done that"..never worked at a dangerous, or heavy labor job or run a business on a personal level.  Their entire life experience consists of a protected childhood, going to a snobbish college ( where they apparently majored in Marxism) and hung around with such like friends.  Then they took a job where they still never worked hard to make a living, but lived off govt checks..
  The most amazing thing is that there  were enough do-dos to elect such a candidate...still more amazing is that some of these same do-dos given the chance, would again repeat the same silly mistake ! ;) :D

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 08:29:38 AM »
Just reinforcing is all  ;). Dave Petraeus is a fine soldier and has  had some blame pointed to him in the past. After the Aghans president threatened to expell the US and join the taliban is when alot of ROE problems started. To keep on with the "war" the ROE had to be modified. Too our detriment, but........
  I agree, I'm confused as to why some of the folks who get elected, ARE, elected. Seems most of the reasoning is behind  their ability to mislead. I suppose uneducated people should be thrown into the mix as part of the equation. I don't know too many people who after school have attempted to "brush up" on their history and government (workings of) lessons, (The reason why I classify myself as a student of the Constitution/ government).

Offline Mike38

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 04:26:13 PM »

The real tragedy is that there are so many ignorant voters; who are willing to place a "neighborhood  organizer" in as C-in-C !   

That right there is the root cause to all of the problems.