Author Topic: Bipod location on Ultra Varmint Fluted  (Read 656 times)

Offline pageophile

• Trade Count: (0)
Bipod location on Ultra Varmint Fluted
« on: February 12, 2011, 03:29:11 AM »
Hello Gents,

Have started down the road of H&R Ownership with my first purchase, a Ultra Varmint Fluted in 223.

A tough rifle to locate in Canuk land as they seem to not stay at the stores long.

Got a scope coming and will be picking up a bipod.  After reading the tips on the H&R's at the top of the forum I was curious as to the best place for mounting the bipod.

With the synthetic stock you have a option of mounting it closer to the muzzle or hinge with a flip of the mounting rail.

Was thinking closer to the hinge is better but I could be wrong.  Any ideas as to what would be better?

Thanks for looking,

Page

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Bipod location on Ultra Varmint Fluted
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 03:53:04 AM »
Forend mounted bi-pods can be problematic on a handi.  Good forend fit with proper bedding is a great help. Some have no problem at all others view it as one of the worst things... Its gonna depend on the "fit",  where the pressure points are in your forend.

Best advice I have is to try it and see.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Ron 1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: Bipod location on Ultra Varmint Fluted
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 03:54:10 AM »
if your ultra varmint has the slide lug in the for arm i put mine there and have had no problems
and it dose shoot nice lil groups
rw
A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun. - Don Henley