Author Topic: I need a little Ortgies help...  (Read 611 times)

Offline red caddy

• Trade Count: (0)
I need a little Ortgies help...
« on: February 24, 2011, 04:01:11 AM »

My wife has been carrying an Ortgies .32 ACP, great little gun and a fine shooter in her small hands. Last range trip, it broke the second firing pin in 25 years.

The problem is, I have 2 broken firing pins, and the means to fix them, but I need the OVERALL LENGTH and TIP DIAMETER measurements.

Would one of you guy's that have one of these little beauties, take a couple of measurements next time you have yours apart, and pass them on to me, so I can put SWMBO's gun back in working order? (She commandeered my P-32, and is holding it hostage.)

(yes, I know Gun parts has them available, that's where I got the last one. I think I can build a better one, for less than $35.00 shipped)

Thanks very much, Paul

Offline williamlayton

Re: I need a little Ortgies help...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 04:31:16 AM »
In the mean time, is she without protection?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline red caddy

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 05:35:25 AM »
Naw, she's got the Kel-tec, I'm forced to carry my Star PD again...

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 02:20:50 AM »
Nothing wrong with a Star PD!  Had 2 and still kick myself for selling them.  Never owned an Ortgies...wish I did but never found one nice enough to spend the money on. 
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline red caddy

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:05:04 AM »
Yea, I guess carrying the PD is not such a hardship.

I've been using the Kel-tec as my primary warm weather carry, (South West Florida) for a couple of years now. My work setting caused me to "deep carry" and I alternated between the P-32 and a NAA .22 mag.
 Now that the ecconomic situation has relieved me of the burden of a 50 hour a week job, I find the weight of the Star, comforting...

(SWMBO likes everything about the Kel-tec, except the recoil. At 11 Oz, it bucks and barks a bit more than she is used to with the Ortgies.

Paul