Author Topic: Knight Vision??  (Read 1150 times)

Offline JimG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Knight Vision??
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:00:35 PM »
Anyone own/shoot a Vision? If so what do you HONESTLY think?

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Knight Vision??
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:30:53 PM »
Just picked up a Knight Vision last month, after a friend let  me shoot his. The deciding factor was the fact that his gun came with the bare 209 primer, breech plug, and the accuracy of the rifle. Both our rifles shoot cloverleafs. Still trying to decide load, currently using both 2 & 3 pellets of T7, will probably end up using the 100gr load (cheaper). If you take the time to read the instructions, the gun is easy to take apart & clean, almost as easy as my H&R/NEF Huntsman/Sidekick muzzle loader. On the plus side, this gun is stainless & has a synthetic stock. Bottom line, what's not to love?
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline 22collector

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Knight Vision??
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:00:45 PM »
I've had my Knight Vision for 2 seasons now and am pleased with it. It shoots better than the T/C Renegade I used prior to it. 3" groups at 100 yds are the norm. I use 90 grains of Blackhorn 209 powder and Hornady 300 grain SST's. When I first got it I did have a problem with it misfiring but Knight stood behind their product and repaired it for free under their lifetime warranty. Since then I have had no further problems. Mine came with the bare 209 primer breechplug. Using the Blackhorn 209 powder cleanup is fast and easy, one wet patch of Hoppes, followed by two or three dry patches and the barrel is clean. It takes more time to remove and clean the breechplug. The only negative I have is it's weight at 8 1/2 pounds before you add anything.