Author Topic: Pardner Pump  (Read 1403 times)

Offline ipyrek

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Avid Poster
Pardner Pump
« on: February 25, 2011, 07:32:04 AM »
The WalMart nearby 10miles, next one down the road is 45mi. Anyways further one allways sold guns, but that was a 90mi. round trip. Now the one nearby just started selling guns again and see they have a 20ga.Pardner pump,youth, black syn. for $159. Does this look like a good price? The ones I see online are much higher plus FFL fees.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Just noticed a prievious post that seen a 20ga. for $160., I guess that is the going price at WallyWorld.
28ga.mod.,20ga.mod.,20ga.full,20ga.USH, 20ga.PardnerPump,20ga.StoegerSxS,17hmr, 223Superlight, 357mag/Max,Marlin 336/30-30

Offline Bob_VT

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Pardner Pump
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 03:02:53 AM »
I sure wish my local Wally World would start selling again :(

I think that is a great price.  No shipping costs and you get to see it first hand before you buy it.

Personally if I was in the market I know I would buy it.
My other passion is Boating!! http://forums.iboats.com/index.php?referrerid=1642 Find me there with the same ID.

Offline ipyrek

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:39:08 PM »
Bought the 20ga.PardnerPump yesterday. Felt kind of stiff, and had to rack it hard to get the shell to chamber. Took it all apart today and cleaned out all the greasy oily stuff and a few metal shavings/chips, and lightly filed a few rough spots, that should have been done at the factory. Now it works smooth like my 870.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Picture added after painting stock with Rust-Oleum MultiColor Textured Autumn Brown, I just don't like all black.
28ga.mod.,20ga.mod.,20ga.full,20ga.USH, 20ga.PardnerPump,20ga.StoegerSxS,17hmr, 223Superlight, 357mag/Max,Marlin 336/30-30

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »
Congrats on the new PP!  ;) Just out of curiosity, if your 870 is a 20ga, what's the difference between the 870 and the PP barrel? Some PP owners have said 870 accessories will work on the PP, but not the barrels, since PP barrels can't be had, I'm wondering if the 870 barrel can be modified to work on the PP.

thx,

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline ipyrek

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 02:20:29 PM »
Sorry, I wish I could help, but my 870 is a 12ga. I would like to know myself what would fit. Like maybe stocks ?

Offline Littlepage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 03:25:52 PM »
I found in on another site.

"To prevent barrels from being interchanged between the Remington 870 express and the NEF PP the notches in the barrel that plug into the receiver are different lengths and the barrel ring that fits over the magazine tube and is then locked down by the end cap is placed differently. WE HAVE FOUND A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO MAKE BARREL INTERCHANGE POSSIBLE. However I will not say what this entails online over the internet but rest assured it does work, is safe and is fairly simple to accomplish."

The PP holds one round more than the 870 so the magazine tube is longer.   I think a metal spacer could be made to go between the barrel ring and the cap.  The notch could be filed too.
I don't have a 870 to compare.   The trick is to find a 870 barrel that is cheaper than a complete Pardner Pump.  It would be nice to know if anybody on Greybeard has try it.   
I love this site,  everyone is so helpful
Littlepage

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 05:20:30 PM »
There ya go, thanks.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline fibercarbon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pardner Pump 28 inch barrel making it shorter?
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 07:40:01 AM »
To prevent barrels from being interchanged between the Remington 870 express and the NEF PP the notches in the barrel that plug into the receiver are different lengths and the barrel ring that fits over the magazine tube and is then locked down by the end cap is placed differently. WE HAVE FOUND A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO MAKE BARREL INTERCHANGE POSSIBLE. However I will not say what this entails online over the internet but rest assured it does work, is safe and is fairly simple to accomplish.

i wish i knew what this meant?? email me ?