Author Topic: Tasco from Bushnell  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Tasco from Bushnell
« on: December 19, 2002, 10:21:19 AM »
Spoke with my contact at Bushnell earlier today. One of the things I asked her about was the new Tascos by Bushnell. She said the buyer agents are just back from making the contract decisions and maybe some are still out. She is hoping to see the first shipments of some of them to Bushnell in January of 2003 but that's not firm. Initially only a few skews will be available with more being added as time moves along.

She said in some cases the manufacturing will be at the same place as the original Tascos and some might still be at the latter manufacturers Tasco went to  before they folded. BUT all are being built to Bushnell standards and all will come into Bushnell where there QA/QC staff will go over them before they are allowed to ship to the distributors. She assures me that they will be held to a much higher standard than in the latter days of Tasco's existence before they folded.

Once the Tasco line is fleshed out I'll contact her for some of them to test and report to folks on after I use them myself.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Tasco from Bushnell
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 11:00:11 AM »
Well, the Tascos couldn't get much worse.  I would think that Bushnell will raise the quality of the Tascos, but I guess that only time will tell.

Zachary

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Tasco from Bushnell
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2002, 11:43:13 AM »
Yup I never had any use for them except for the World Class scopes. Some said the Pro Class with 30 mm tubes were great. Me I dunno. They definitely hit a low point toward the end and I'm certain Bushnell will not let that happen under them. If they have as many lines and prices as Tasco did you know that the lower ones can't be all that great and are likely best resevered for rimfires.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Siskiyou

I was unaware---
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2002, 08:58:53 AM »
Graybeard:

Until reading this Discussion I was unaware that Tasco went out of business.  Years ago I put a World Class scope on a 30-06.  It did a very good job in the field.  My son-in-law now owns that rifle and it still does the job.

Years ago I bought a pair of 8x40 Tasco binoculars.  When I got them out in the field I noted that they were out of alignment.  I put them away because I was on the road alot.  Now that I have time to send them off I think I am stuck. I know the folks at Busnell are great on Warrenty.  I crashed and burn on a hillside damaging one of their scopes.  They quickly repaired it for me at no cost.  Nice folks.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Robert

Tasco Pro 30mm 2x.......
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2002, 09:42:44 AM »
I bought one of these a while back...It is very bright....I dont really like the tapered crosshair, but it seems very accurate, the eye releif is amazing.  You can use it for pistol, and also works fair with a carbine stock, I have never seen so much eye relief.
....make it count

Offline Zachary

Tasco from Bushnell
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2002, 04:14:26 AM »
I'm a big fan of eye relief myself.  From my experience (and research) Leupold Vari-X IIIs consistently have the longest eye relief.  I understand that FOV is important (and related to eye relief), but I would rather have a longer eye relief.

I don't know much about the eye relief of Tasco scopes.  It never really mattered to me because their optics and integrity, generally speaking, were so bad that eye relief didn't matter.

I really like my Elite 4200 scopes.  They truly are outstanding scopes - they rival the Swarovskis and Zeiss, and are better than the Vari-X IIIs.  

HOWEVER, my only complaint about the Elite 4200s is that their eye relief is too short!  I wish that they had an extra inch or so of eye relief. :cry:

Bushnell, are you listening??? :?

Zachary