Author Topic: What to do with a bent forend stud??????  (Read 508 times)

Offline JimG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
What to do with a bent forend stud??????
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:12:41 PM »
H-R barrel came with either a bent forend stud or simply was spot welded off center. Forend fit to the frame is bad. It's tight but the forend and spacer sits way off to the left. Yes I know there is some 'slop' in the spacer mounting holes that one can take advantage of to fix minor side to side fit problems but not this much! Quite frankly I'm really ticked off as this should never have been allowed to leave Rem. Yes it's a new barrel that I had fitted to my frame. Is there anything I can do besides send it back? And sending it back will be my last option!

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
Re: What to do with a bent forend stud??????
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 01:18:52 PM »
make it your only option... they will make it right. ;)
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:24:50 PM »
You don't want to mess around with it.  Just send it back and let them fix it.  In a pinch I've kept the forend attached to the stock with electrical tape (my stud sheared off a few years after I bought the gun), but I'm guessing you don't want to go down that road :).  It did shoot fine though . . .

Offline JimG

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »
Then quite frankly it will be sold along with the rest of the H-R's /NEF's I own. This is the final straw. I've dealt with H-R's sloppy QC long enough. I refuse to continue paying to send firearms back to manufacturers that refuse to produce workable firearms. I just happen to know by chance who worked on this barrel fitting and although I will not say who it was out of basic respect, it would probably surprise you all who it was. It is simply unexcuseable to have to continually accept crap from Rem/Marlin/H-R. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone but that's how I see it!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 02:03:54 PM »
Jim,

You don't have to pay to have it shipped back, just call and ask for a prepaid shipping label, they'll send it to you and you can get it fixed without paying shipping. Selling it to someone else isn't really the right thing to do.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »
I'm a little surprised that someone with so much inside information that they know who the person is who fit this bbl would not know about the shipping labels :o ???  Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 01:56:12 AM »
Tim, I wish more people Thought that selling/passing the problem to someone else was a bad thing to do. How would they feel if it was sold to them?

Also is electrical/Duct tape in the FAQs under forearm fitting? ;D Red Green :o

Offline JimG

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 05:22:14 AM »
#1 Quickdtoo please lock this thread as it serves no usefull purpose, I was angry and spouting off, my apologies.

#2 I would NOT repeat NOT pass off this problem to someone else. I would clearly state what the problem was and the price would certainly reflect the fact that there was problems! Period, end of story.

#3 I know all about RA's and shipping labels. Have YOU tried to obtain one LATELY from any firearm manufactures CS. Pulling teeth is easier. I also have no insider info concerning H-R. I just happen to know exactly who in this one case worked on the rifle. And that's all I'll say on that.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 05:44:15 AM »
Madison sends return shipping labels out regularly, there are many, many here that have called and asked for repair of their firearm and received a return label in the mail to avoid shipping cost, all you have to do is ask, toll free (866)776-9292.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain