Author Topic: It's a Girl!!!  (Read 409 times)

Offline Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
It's a Girl!!!
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:18:23 AM »
Just found out our new baby is going to be a girl. First girl for me, even for most of my family. We historically only have boys. Aside from having to save up for a pink gripped Smith and Wesson and years of shooting lessons, how do you fathers of daughters keep the little lady interested in the outdoors? Oh, and she won't date until she is 21.....  :) 

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • Trade Count: (77)
Re: It's a Girl!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:34:06 AM »
Congrats and just take her with you.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 12:05:46 PM »
Mohawk:  Congratulations to you and your wife.  Good for the both of you.  How to keep her interested in the ouotdoors and the shooting sports - start her shooting early on and she probably won't even want to think about boys before she's 25 or 30.  Actually, the two posters you should pose this question to are Broom Rider (Lynnie) and SharonAnne - they could both probably set you  in the right direction, maybe, I hope.........

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »
My daughter is about 18 months old so I have no idea how this is going work long term.  But the best thing I ever did was buy a nice Kelty backpack she can ride in.  Now we go shed hunting, scouting, filling feeders, picking blackberries (one of her favorite), bowfishing, etc... together.  She loves to watch the dogs look for sheds most of all.  So far it's been a great way to get us outside together. 

From a hunt last week:

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 04:23:06 PM »
Yep like said above, just take her with you
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline Shu

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 01:44:48 AM »
Congrats. I have two daughters, they are my best friends. One likes shooting the other likes cars. I have it made.

Offline D Crockett

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:47 AM »
congrats on the baby girl I just have one boy so I can not advise all I can do is say a prayer for you that she is healthy and happy D Crockett

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 04:42:02 AM »
We carried my son all over Europe in a Kelty backpack.  Much easier than strollers and all that other stuff.  Ours had a little shelf on the bottom on the back to tie on a diaper bag, etc.

NGH
"I feared for my life!"

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 05:06:05 AM »
Congratulations, brother. I'm in favor of little girls. You already got other kids and so don't need it, but I'll offer advice anyhow: hold her every chance you get. I remember the day I realized my first girl was too big to easily carry around the house, and I thought of all the times I'd screwed around with this or that when I could have been holding her, and now that time was past... I cried. My youngest is the beneficiary of that realization; she gets a pick-up whenever she want it.

Here's my first daughter, doing a little post-season scouting.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Hit or Miss

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 04:48:18 PM »
Just remind the boys that you are not afraid to go back to prison!  ;D  Worked for me!
Which lie got to you so that you refuse Him???

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 05:24:18 PM »
Congrats, my friend.

I raised two daughters, as different as daylight and dark.  Just follow her lead, she will teach you where to go and what to do.  One of my daughters hunted with me.  The other one thinks roughing it is the Holiday Inn.

When the time is right, the right man will come along and steal her away.  Enjoy her while you can.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »
Thank you all for the input. I am still getting over the shock (: