Author Topic: Ordering parts for Handis outside the USA  (Read 459 times)

Offline Kiwi Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Ordering parts for Handis outside the USA
« on: March 10, 2011, 03:46:09 PM »
Giday folks , Just checked my mail today and what do you know ! the repair parts (transfer bar etc ) for my handi turned up today yehaaaaaaaaa  ;D! Now if you look on the map of the world the next stop after  New Zealand is the South Pole ! I order these parts  with the help of Quick, thru Numrich website , because the new zealand H&R  agents don't or won't stock >:( a basic line of spare parts . All I can say is the I am stoked with the international service I received from this company. After  clearing USA export  gun regulations ,it only took 6 days to get down to me ! now that is outstanding ! Attention any other Handi forum members outside the USA who are needing parts! this is the way to go ! I am not very Internet savvy and if I can do it anyone can . Next step will be following the FAQ'S to do the repair myself ,and well that's another story.Any how a big thank you to Quick a for his assistance  & Numrich for there International customer service :)
 Kev

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: Ordering parts for Handis outside the USA
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:42:36 PM »
Getting the spring in right will probably be the tricky part.
If you use a slave pin to push the action pin out it should capture the whole thing (latch, T-bar, spring) so you can see how it fits together. Just keep the action straight up & down so the assembly drops right down into your ready fingers.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Kiwi Hunter

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 05:08:07 PM »
Thanx for the good oil on the slave pin bit .I have down loaded all the info off the FAQ's and I'm gunna take me time ,built a little jig ,grow another couple of extra fingers on each hand  ;D !so hopefully should have noooooooooo problems. :)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 05:22:56 PM »
Glad it's working out for you Kev, and in a timely manner too, kudos to Numrich.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 05:39:37 AM »
I think the whole thing is fantastic.  It is wonderful to hear good news coming from your part of the world.  Good luck with the project, and keep us posted.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline Gaz-52

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 12:58:01 AM »
        Good on you fellas , I can sympathyize with our old mate Kev. If you live south of the equator you really appreciate the info freely given on this site  . Who would have thought a common interest in a bargain basement  firearm could grow to such a friendly  exchange of ideas  & info. :)
             Cheers  Garry.

Offline Kiwi Hunter

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »
 Giday folks , just a quick up date ! went out the letter box today and there they were, my Wolffe extra power hammer springs ! Just whot the doctor ordered!!!!!!! Again how good is that !half way round the world , I'm lovin this site and the service from  those american gunparts surpliers !! THEY CAME CLEARLY MARKED AS A RESTRICTED GUN PART, THAT ONLY THE RECIEVER CAN USE FOR THERE USE ONLY! AND CANNOT BE PASTED ON TO A THIRD PARTY!Quick  could have been in deep trouble with US Customs if he had tryed to mail these parts to me privatly and was discovered doing so .  As Gaz-52 stated  we  truely appreciate the help and advice you fellas on the forum give freely to others . Thanks Guys
 Kev

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 02:53:21 PM »
Glad ya got em Kev, I don't know for sure that I would have got into hot water, but didn't really want to take the chance if there was another way to do it without the risk.  ;)

Thanks for the feedback,

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Kiwi Hunter

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 05:53:27 PM »
Glad ya got em Kev, I don't know for sure that I would have got into hot water, but didn't really want to take the chance if there was another way to do it without the risk.  ;)

Thanks for the feedback,

Tim

Not worth the chance Tim !, I truly believe that it was faster , easier ,and it has empowered me to be able to source , tune & repair my own handi rifles by myself for the future .It may also help others out side the USA to have confidence to do the same if they need parts ! :)
 Cheers Kev