Author Topic: Barrel release lever ???  (Read 464 times)

Offline sureshot73

• Trade Count: (0)
Barrel release lever ???
« on: March 19, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »
I have a 223 that i purchased last year that works and shoots awesome, and when the action is closed the barrel release lever is loose, which from what i have read on here is the way it should be,  i just picked up a 7mm-08 for my daughter with 40 rounds thru it, but i havn't had a chance to shoot it yet, but i noticed that when the action is closed that there is no play what so ever in the barrel release lever, but it actually opens and closes & locks up noticebly smoother than my 223, which is smooth itself as far as i am concerned, is there any issues to be concerned with, functionality, accuracy, etc, etc, any advice, tips or knowledge would be appreciated!!

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Barrel release lever ???
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 09:04:17 AM »
I would shoot it first, and if there are no issues leave it alone.  Don't fix it if it ain't broke........It will probably wear in a bit.  If it becomes a problem with either the action opening, or accuracy issues, follow the instructions in the FAQ's to check latch engagement......

Much of the time, these things take care of themselves after a few rounds go downrange! ;D

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline sureshot73

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Barrel release lever ???
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 01:44:57 PM »
Thanks for the advice, i cant wait to shoot it, if the weather would smart'n up and quit snowing!