Author Topic: H&R 12 ga pardner 28in mod question about buckshot?  (Read 1084 times)

Offline columbia_shotguneer

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R 12 ga pardner 28in mod question about buckshot?
« on: March 26, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
hi all, thanks for letting me in on this wonderful site you all have going! my question is based on what kind of patterns that I might can expect out of a modified barrel shooting 0, 00, and 000 buckshot? btw, this is a fixed choke. was hoping the modified was more versatile for all loads. thanks

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Re: H&R 12 ga pardner 28in mod question about buckshot?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:25:38 AM »
If you want really tight patterns, try the Federal Premium FliteControl buckshot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHIrUYRiBk

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:12:29 PM »
Although cilinder and improved cilinder seem to br prefered for buck shot and slugs. Modified  chokes can give quite respectable paterns. Because  every gun  has it's likes ana dislikes as far as ammo goes. I am sure that if you try different brands and loads ,you will finf one that is  "just what your looking for.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 06:44:51 PM »
Airsporter, I do have 2 cases of low recoil 00 buck Federal flight-control I've been wanting to try patterning but was disappointed to see other's with experiences with anything over a i/c choke interferring with the petals in the shell making the pattern erratic?

Offline Airsporter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 12:45:17 AM »
Hadn't heard about the modifed choke problem.  My only experience with this round is in a short IC choked barrel.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 12:13:18 AM »
yea your's shouldn't have a problem with the petals touching the choke. hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot mine this week with the flightcontrol rounds. so far mine patterns 000 buck the best 5 out of 8 pellets at 40 yards in a 12 in circle.