Author Topic: fast focus eye peice ?  (Read 480 times)

Offline hylander

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
fast focus eye peice ?
« on: December 28, 2003, 08:51:20 AM »
Some Bushnell model's have a fast focus eye peice,
what does that mean, and does it make any differance one way or the other.
Failure is not an option
Placer County, Calif.

Offline Dave in WV

• Trade Count: (0)
fast focus eye peice ?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 09:28:45 AM »
The fast focus eye piece is like the diopter adjustment on binoculars. The other type is the threaded bell on the end of your scope and is more difficult to get focused for some folks. It's personal preference for now but I believe the fast focus type is coming on strong and will replace the older type in the future. Dave
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline bigdaddytacp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: fast focus eye peice ?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 03:57:38 PM »
Quote from: hylander
Some Bushnell model's have a fast focus eye peice,
what does that mean, and does it make any differance one way or the other.
.........The other post had it correct....the eyepiece is threaded so that a turn of the eyepeice to focus the scope is a lot of movement instead of the 4-8turns of a standard type eyepiece.....this is nice but unless you are letting different people with different eye requirements use the same gun it's just nice not really important..imo....its been years since I moved one of my scopes since I set them.........and I do have a new scope with the fast focus and it was quick and easy to focus....BUT it sure wouldn't be a "make or break" option for my scope choice one over another.......but it is a nice feature and I don't know? of a down side to fast focus?.......good luck and good shooting!!!