Author Topic: Look what Broke! is this common?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Kiwi Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Look what Broke! is this common?
« on: March 17, 2011, 02:00:53 PM »
Giday All , Well I finally got up the confidence to repair my sons handis transfer bar problem, Followed  the FAQs to the letter and Wow it works great . Any how after disassembling the trigger etc look what I found had happened to the hammer. Wish now I had done this before I had ordered my new parts from Numrich . Don't ya just hate that when it happens ! So now I'm back to the waiting game, for more new bits to get down under .
 Kev

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
Re: Look what Broke! is this common?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:32:37 PM »
man whata bummer !!!! :P  better to find now then later  ;)
i thank you'll be all right wif new parts.... you got tha courage now !! and your all gud  ;)
keep at it, tha fun never stops  ;D
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 04:05:04 PM »
That's not the first hammer to break, usually just the sear notch breaks off, but that one really broke!  :-\ Other than that, someone recently broke the spur off theirs. Sorry to have that happen Kev, hope that's the end of you bad luck.  :-X

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Kiwi Hunter

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
 Well to be honest Guys !I'm not that annoyed about the broken hammer, just more annoyed with myself  >:( for  not having the courage to open up the rifle before I ordered the parts !only got 2-3 weeks  before the rutt down here and I'd love my boy to get his first red stag with this rifle. Course me legs got be oked by the bone doc also ;), but you know us hunters always planning a hunt in our heads guess its what keeps us going . I must say I have come to like these quirky little rifles even more now that I will be able to tune & repair them myself .I can see the beginnings of a serious addition! ;D Anyhow I still think It'll work out ok ,going on how quick Numricks was last time.
Cheers Kev

Offline Kiwi Hunter

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 01:18:25 AM »
Well I can confirm Numricks have come thru again ;D !when out to the letter box and there it was all new hammer and some (just in case other bits) just like the doctor ordered!This is one VERY GOOD reason Handis have it over Rossi's is aftermarket spares and extras.Hands down
 One Happy camper
 Cheers KH

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 01:30:20 AM »
Well I can confirm Numricks have come thru again ;D !when out to the letter box and there it was all new hammer and some (just in case other bits) just like the doctor ordered!This is one VERY GOOD reason Handis have it over Rossi's is aftermarket spares and extras.Hands down
 One Happy camper
 Cheers KH

GOOD NEWS!!  ;D ;D

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.