Author Topic: where to get brass ?  (Read 747 times)

Offline BGRooster1

• Trade Count: (0)
where to get brass ?
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:35:53 AM »
 What brass manufacturer would form brass for a new design that can't be made/cut down from an existing case? Back in 1997 I drew up plans for a cartridge. I wanted to experiment ,but had know idea where to go from drawing to brass. If I would have had a clue, the .32 Super Magnum would be what the .327 Federal is today. It is the exact same as my drawings back then.
 Fast forward to today and some other ideas are churning in the brain. Some from existing cases and some that would need brass made.I would think something new would need a minimum order of 50-100 thousand

What do any of you know about this 

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
Re: where to get brass ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »
  Give us a idea of what your thinkin of doin .  I have CRS real bad anymore and forget what I got up to do before I take a few steps,   But for some reason my mind can recall hundreds of case dimensions and can usually come up with someway of reforming brass or modifing a sizing die to get what you want.
 Whats your idea ?      :)          Jed
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 02:06:14 AM »
These guys will make whatever you want, and will do small runs.

http://www.rockymountaincartridge.com/

"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline BGRooster1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »
 jedman . Thanks I have a book that list and gives dimensions of the known cartridges as of the print date. Which pretty well covers all up to the most recent.

Nobade. Thanks , I forgot about them . Had them in bookmarks on the  now inaccessible compooter.