Author Topic: Beretta 96?  (Read 854 times)

Offline Masterblaster1

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Beretta 96?
« on: May 07, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
Do Beretta 96 40 cal pistols fully support the case in the chamber, or is it an unsupported chamber like a glock?

Offline Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Beretta 96?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »
Don't know but as far as reliability, the 92 and 96 were right at revolver level reliability. And this was with over 10K rounds a week. We used to rent them to tourists and they were amazing for a semi-auto. They outlasted Glocks, Sigs, Brownings, and every other brand. I am not big on semi's but they were solid, VERY reliable guns. Still curious what an unsupported and supported chamber are. That's a new one on me.... ???

Offline Masterblaster1

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 05:14:10 PM »
The chamber on 40 cal Glock pistols does not fully cover or support the the cartridge in the chamber. Thus when firing some loads the brass will bulge severely and may cause problems. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Beretta 96 chamber is the same as  a glock in this respect or the opposite...

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 02:14:38 AM »
Actually Glock chambers are as well supported as most these days. I'm sure the Beretta chambers are as supported as you can get and still have the level of reliability required of a modern autoloader. To sum it up: Chamber support problems are pretty much nonexistent these days. Factory ammo, or reasonable reloads will not cause you any grief. Get your 96 and shoot the devil out of it!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,