Author Topic: actual wt. of new 7-08 short lt wt. (barrel only)??  (Read 414 times)

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
actual wt. of new 7-08 short lt wt. (barrel only)??
« on: April 19, 2011, 04:07:30 AM »
Really want to know what the actual Wt. of the new 7-08 lt. wt 20 inch is. Does anyone have one they could weigh without the scope (just the barrel) so I can compare it to the 44 mag barrel my daughter loves the balance of..... She wanted my 44 mag, but she is used to shooting a .270 and I want her to be able to shoot like she is used to ( 200+ yds if she wants), just want her to have a lighter gun than the bolt. model 70 she uses now.
Thanks thejanitor

Offline Brian56

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: actual wt. of new 7-08 short lt wt. (barrel only)??
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 05:02:25 AM »

The 7mm-08,  20" lite contour barrel weights 2lb 14oz with scope base attached.

Brian@Remington:
Brian@Remington

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 05:21:29 AM »
Thank you Brian! Now just to go home and weigh the 44 mag barrel (w/o scope) and the project may be underway! If it handles like the 44 mag she will be very happy with it. Then is is off to the classifieds for another stock set.... what a circle these handis become.  ;D
thejanitor

Offline goofyoldfart

• grumpy old fart as well as goofy old fart.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:52:47 PM »
To All : this may be a little OT, but ----- I just wanted to say " Hi, Brian, thanks for being there for all of us".  Sooooo-- Hi Brian, and thanks bunches. hope your company appreciates your helping us out the way you do.  God Bless to all.

Goofyoldfart                aka GOF