Author Topic: Component Prices  (Read 608 times)

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Component Prices
« on: March 11, 2011, 05:59:53 AM »
Looks like we are in for another spike coming soon for reloading components...  Cabela's has a notice on their website (I'm sure partly to get people to buy) of the inevitable price increase for reloading supplies.  Prices are finally coming back to earth from the previous Obama scare and the last lead/copper spike.  Although shot lead is still crazy, IMO.

I just made a decent sized order from Natchez to take me though several years anyway.  But should I be really planning ahead instead of kind of...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline lenny7

Re: Component Prices
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:51:51 AM »
I just noticed Widener's also has a notice on their website.

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:26:03 AM »
Well time to go out and buy all I can get........... :P
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 12:07:44 PM »
Timing seems a bit strange since the new Midsouth Shooter's Supply catalog and the latest Midway flyer both have some of the lowest prices I've seen on ammo in a long long time. I was kinda expecting component prices to drop as well.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 12:20:34 PM »
Timing seems a bit strange since the new Midsouth Shooter's Supply catalog and the latest Midway flyer both have some of the lowest prices I've seen on ammo in a long long time. I was kinda expecting component prices to drop as well.

$27 for a k of primers is darn near reasonable.  Powder was decent. Bullets and brass, so-so...

Don't know if we will ever see it much better than that again.. >:(

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline mrussel

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 08:39:59 PM »
I just picked up 1000 each of Winchester large rifle and large pistol primers for 20 each and 1000 of 209 shotgun primers for 29. No signs of high prices around here.

Offline bulletstuffer

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
  • Overkill begins when hair shoots out the antlers.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »
I just picked up 1000 each of Winchester large rifle and large pistol primers for 20 each and 1000 of 209 shotgun primers for 29. No signs of high prices around here.

What state are you in?  Those prices are reasonable compared to what I have been seeing.

Thanks,

Bulletstuffer
I am the first to work when I have to and the first to go on vacation when I can!  God Bless America!!!

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 03:41:45 AM »
I was in one of my local shops yesterday , they said to expect a 20% increase on both brass & lead in the next 30 days , seems like with the troubles in Japan that China is about to go on another major spending spree to scoop up a bunch of raw metals again before Japan starts their buying to rebuild .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped