Author Topic: Concealed Carry  (Read 1680 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
Concealed Carry
« on: April 08, 2011, 06:16:03 AM »
A friend of my brother was leaving his home for work near Pine Bluff, Ar (AKA Crime Bluff) the other day, and as he started to get into his P/U, two armed men relieved him of his wallet and keys. They failed to check him for a firearm ;D One of them escaped on foot, and the other was taken to the hosp. after being hit four times with a 357 Mag.Chalk one up for concealed carry ;)

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
Re: Concealed Carry
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 07:17:11 AM »
After taking 4 shots he should have been going to the mourge.

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 10:49:50 AM »
After taking 4 shots he should have been going to the mourge.

According to the report, all shots were fired through the windshield, or he prob. would have.

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:45:20 PM »
Hope your brothers friend comes out of the mess okay.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 01:53:42 PM »
Depending on the state and circumstances , he may lose more than his wallet.

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 02:54:50 PM »

"Update"

Lee Parker, 21, is in ICU at Jefferson Regional Medical Center after he was shot four times by the owner of the pick-up truck police say he was trying to steal.

Just before 7 o'clock Thursday morning White Hall police detective Tommy Kelly tells KARK that Parker who was wearing a mask and armed was hiding near George Harpoles 2010 Ford F-150 Pick up truck which was parked in front of his home on the 100 block of Carriage Court.

They say Parker pointed his gun at Harpole who fell when he tried to run a way. Parker was able to steal Harpoles keys, wallet, and cell phone.

Officers say Parker than jumped in the Ford and tried to charge Harpole, that's when Harpole pulled out his registered .357 and fired hitting the suspect four times.  Inside the car and in Parkers pockets, police found Harpoles wallet and cell phone.

Parker is charged with aggravated robbery, theft of property, and possession of a firearm by a certain person.

Detectives say Harpole does not face any charges.

They believe more suspects may be out there.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 03:25:30 PM »
No charges by the prosecuter. Hopefully the alleged scum sucker oxygen thief crook doesn't sue him in civil court. I'm thinking said crook got of easy.

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
No charges by the prosecuter. Hopefully the alleged scum sucker oxygen thief crook doesn't sue him in civil court. I'm thinking said crook got of easy.

(Oxygen Thief)......lol! I like that. We sure have an abundance of those in DC  ;D

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 10:35:13 PM »

Update"

Lee Parker, 21, is in ICU at Jefferson Regional Medical Center after he was shot four times by the owner of the pick-up truck police say he was trying to steal.

Just before 7 o'clock Thursday morning White Hall police detective Tommy Kelly tells KARK that Parker who was wearing a mask and armed was hiding near George Harpoles 2010 Ford F-150 Pick up truck which was parked in front of his home on the 100 block of Carriage Court.

They say Parker pointed his gun at Harpole who fell when he tried to run a way. Parker was able to steal Harpoles keys, wallet, and cell phone.

Officers say Parker than jumped in the Ford and tried to charge Harpole, that's when Harpole pulled out his registered .357 and fired hitting the suspect four times.  Inside the car and in Parkers pockets, police found Harpoles wallet and cell phone.

Parker is charged with aggravated robbery, theft of property, and possession of a firearm by a certain person.

Detectives say Harpole does not face any charges.

They believe more suspects may be out there.
Sounds like self defense to me.

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 04:29:05 AM »
The report said the 357 was registered.  Really?
Swingem

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 09:15:18 AM »
I can't take credit for O thief. Got it from marlinowners. But I do enjoy saying it.

Registered? I'll bet it is ,if it wasn't.  ;) All PD's keep track of handguns. I sold a Webley years ago to a guy I knew. It got stolen a couple of years after he had it. The SD called me and said they recovered a stolen gun of mine. Told them I sold it, and that I hadn't reported it stolen. The gal got all excited. I told them who I sold it to, to contact them, started getting the third degree as to why the guy I sold it to didn't register it. She seemed most dissappointed that it's not required to register a gun  ::). Oh well.

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 03:19:44 PM »
Guess we are just lucky here, there is no gun registration, just buy, sell or do what you like.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.