Author Topic: PS90  (Read 505 times)

Offline simplicity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
PS90
« on: April 14, 2011, 03:59:57 AM »
I did some trading this past weekend and ended up with a FN PS90. I have always found this gun interesting and what I traded I really wasn't happy with to begin with.  It's he version with the factory black reticle trinium optic sight. Anyways got out to the range with  the 40gr v-max factory loads at 50yrds I hd no problems holding 1.5" group with my elbows resting on a bench.   Anyone else have one? Thoughts or gripes about them?

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
Re: PS90
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 01:02:26 AM »
Huh guess no one has one.

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 04:25:53 AM »
Kinda waiting for a reply as well.  I'd like a bullpup but will probably rebuild my AR.
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 04:57:26 AM »
Well I've put about 250 rounds through mine so far and no hickups accuracy at 50 yars with factory stuff is about 1.5". So far I have found a load that duplicates the factory ss197 load and have had no hiccups yet fromt he 50 I have put through it. Everything I have read says this is a finicky cartridge to load  as far as having to keep the lquer coating on the case. RCBS said to take it off the guys at the fiveseven forum give the reply "your going to listen to a RCBS tech over us?" So I've posted on the fiveseven forum that I'm going to plain out conduct a test to see how much the coating is accually needed. The gist I got from both fn and rcbs is the coating almost isn't needed as far as the standard factory load pressures go but the military and estate loadings it is needed for extractions.  My next step is to see what the pressure of the load I have cooked up generates by looking at equivilant data from the accually powder company loadings. If a high point pistol works with a weighted style blow back action (with rounds with no coating) I can't see why the 5.7x28 would either. I really enjoy stuff like this gives me something to flex my brain on.  The carbine itself is about 4" shorter then my M4 with the stock all the way collasped. the FN is just over 27" long. The trigger is accually pretty good for a bullpup. It's definetly a neat gun for sure though if a kriss V came along I might have to swap and give one of those a try.