Author Topic: I DON"T NEED A .41 MAG  (Read 2247 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I DON"T NEED A .41 MAG
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 08:09:25 AM »
600 + yards at a wounded elk .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
 ;) Shootall, it was 600 plus with a .44 when it first hit the market, but the game was a wounded mulie buck..not that it matters, but Elmer made a great shot...as far as long range shooting 1911, Elmer shot a great deal out to at least 880 yards...Especially when he lived in Ore..he shot at an old outhouse on a deserted ranch across the valley..Get a copy of Sixguns and check out the chapters on game shooting and long range shooting...I reread mine pretty frequently..Also, would you drop me the dealers name or address on those 41's by a pm, I would appreciate it...

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »
I stand corrected ! thanks I have several copies of the story but they are home , reason for 600 + yards instead of exact mesurement . I know some here would have all the facts at hand.
We shoot 44's and such out to 500 yards not that hard really with loads of pratice . Our range was just extended to 600 yards but asof yet I haven't shot on it yet.

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 11:04:27 AM »
 ;) Hope you were not offended, but Elmer's shot gets alot of negative attention at times, and I had just read his description not long ago..He fired most of the rounds in the new .44 mag. at that buck, and at the time didn't realize his .44 had made the kill..Sounds like you guys have quite a nice range there..

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 11:09:23 AM »
No not offended at all. We are lucky at the club with several ranges for rifle and several for handgun , some for ML and rimfire. Problem is its getting closed in by houses and there is an on going fight to shut it down.
 I have shot a 41 several times but never owned one . Hope William enjoys it.

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »
Bob Leskovec custom ivory grips.

" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 11:24:24 AM »
Elephant ivory crazy! M-57, M-19, M-51
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 11:56:31 AM »
Grasshorn Elk stag grips.

http://grashornsgunworks.com/id3.html

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »
STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT!  I'm salivating on my keyboard.  Have you no shame!? :-X
I can't afford another gun right now...... :'(
Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 02:41:52 PM »
Grashorns are sweet grips.
Good craftsmanship.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline 1911crazy

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 08:28:38 AM »
William/guys/gals;  I think that anyone who owns and likes the 357mag and 44mag's should own at least one or two revolvers in 41mag too.

I put the pachmayer presentation grips on my model 57 w/6 1/2'' barrel.  I then took the larger model 57 wood grips and put them on my model 58.  The wife is finally into guns now and she perfers the wood grip look on the nickel finish.  I have to say she is right.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 09:56:20 AM »
William/guys/gals;  I think that anyone who owns and likes the 357mag and 44mag's should own at least one or two revolvers in 41mag too.

Would you explain this to the wife ?  ;D

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 12:13:43 PM »
Wm,
Congrats on the new purchase!
Everybody needs a "new toy" every once in awhile!
Just think how boring it might become if you didn`t add a little spice of life to the world around you.
Keep us posted on the accuracy and loads that you develop!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 05:16:08 AM »
They are not normally my "go to" guns but I qwn three .41 mags.  I bought my first (a Rugar) manny years ago, it use to accompany me on hunting trips.  I later bought a model 57 and a barrel for the Thompson chambered in .41.  I played with the Thompson a bit and used it on whitetails but put it back in the safe and went to a .357 maximum.

Offline 1911crazy

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 09:01:47 AM »
Am I the only one who is going after the S&W's in nickel finish??  With colt discontinuing there nickel finish and revolver models i figure that having a nickel finish someday maybe rare.  I like buling too so may need to buy both.  But my first choice is nickel.

Offline 1911crazy

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »

Would you explain this to the wife ?  ;D

No explaining to the misses anymore i can get what ever now.  But i do make sure she is getting what she wants too.  My to do honey list is going well.  I'm remodeling the place gaining points.