Author Topic: Leupold's warrenty??  (Read 7805 times)

Offline Hairy Chest

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Leupold's warrenty??
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2013, 04:16:17 AM »
thats a great 200 yard group but its sure not a one inch group. Looks to me more like about 4 inch.

That group was shot right before the scope came apart.  Or it is wind.  Flat noses blow incredibly.  That is their down side.  Shoot farther than 25 yards and learn what it does. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2013, 11:37:57 AM »
Dummies ,People who use precision tools from Harbor Fright instead of tools by Starrett or the like.

I saved money using HF.  That was smart!!  ;D

I can understand your need to save money, since in order to use your measurement tools they need to be calibrated and that is not cheap.

I am willing to bet Leupold's actual calibrated precision measuring tools are far more accurate then your frugal Harbor Freight purchase.

yooper77

Their tools are better.  That's why I sent it back to let them decide.  Now I've got a reticle that looks like the Tower of Pisa, and I'm living with that.  If I was some big name they would probably make sure it is replaced.

I have no doubt Leupold's calibrated precision measurement tools are better than your non-calibrated non-precision measurement tools and I trust Leupold if they said your scope is within specs.

I would love too see the letter Leupold sent back with your scope explaining that it is within specs.

Can you scan the Leupold letter or take a picture of it for us all too see?

I also would love too see the scope in person.

yooper77

Leupold just sends a form letter with boxes checked off.  They didn't address my letter to them about the cant. I don't save the letters because they are all the same and say nothing.  But I do save informative letters, like when you order a mold from LBT, Veral writes you a handwritten note telling what he did and why he did it.  LBT is quality.  Leupold is quantity.  Remember, in everything, quality over quantity. 

I know exactly the type of letter Leupold sends. I have used their warranty service on scopes that I purchased used. Leupold sent me a card telling me they have received my scope and when I get it back, it comes with a letter stating what work was accomplished or free replacement scope.

I own 10 Leupold scopes and none have canted reticles and I have yet to see a Leupold scope with a canted reticle.

As for Leupold not addressing your possible canted reticles, I am confused how did you ever get the information you said Leupold told you the canting was within their specs if they didn't address your problem?

I am not going to attempt to compare a bullet mold company to an optics company, all comparisons are mute.

I do know that Leupold sells high quality optics, so in turn forces them to sell in large quantities.

Also your pictures do nothing and prove nothing.

yooper77

Those pictures are exactly what I see with my naked eye. It doesn't matter how the camera was held.  The cant is the same.  I got the information about cant and Leupold from a knowledgeable website I posted earlier.  I'm not screaming and complaining. I'm just stating a defect.  The scopes are workable and those handgun scopes will give me groups most here would never dream of.  I have the best target on the internet using a big bore revolver shooting sub 1" group at 200 yards using a Leupold 2X.  So if there is anyone who can tell you how good a Leupold scope is, it is me.  Buying lots of scopes, looking at them and putting them in the safe doesn't make for an expert either.   :D

Say what you like its a free country, but yes it would matter how you hold the camera angle.

I am to believe there is a soul reason for the so called canted reticles and I would bet the house that it isn't Leupold's fault.

You loaded the wrong target if you are trying to pass it as SUB 1" group at 200 yards?

I discovered years ago on how well Leupold optics perform and no one can run fast enough to give me another manufactures optic.

yooper77

Offline Hairy Chest

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
I use two other optics and they are tougher than a Leupold. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline eastbank

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2013, 01:08:27 AM »
 give it a rest,you don,t like leupold scopes, we get it. another member inducted into the dead horse club. eastbank.

Offline mannyrock

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2013, 11:51:59 AM »
     Just some extra info for Hairy Chest.

I worked for Harbor Freight for more than a year.  Every product they sell has a skew number, and every retail associate is entitled to punch that number in the computer in the back warehouse, and see each and every detail about the product, including the company's average cost for the product. 

In most instances, the company's normal retail selling price is four to five times the average cost!  (Ever notice how many 50% off sales they have?  They still make a huge mark-up!)

So, if the price for your level tool was $5.00 at Harbor Freight, it means that they paid $1.25 for it to have it made in China.   

I hope that you can see why it isn't as accurate as Leupold's measuring equipment.  Indeed, it's not meant to be.  :-)

Hope this helps.

Mannyrock

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2019, 05:34:27 AM »
btt

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!