Author Topic: Parts came for my wife's 870 today!  (Read 435 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Parts came for my wife's 870 today!
« on: April 28, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »
Bought her a 870 Jr. Model 20 ga.  It has the short 12" length of pull stock, 18.5" vent rib barrel with the Remchoke system w/ imp. cyl. choke tube currently in it.  It's prefect for her.

I ordered a Wilson Combat 2 shot magazine extension (pt# SGET-RH-2-870-20) and their jumbo head safety (pt#SGJHS) and a Tac Star 4 shot sidesaddle (pt#1081130).  Everything went together nice.  I'm going to put some blue Loctite on the two screws that go through the receiver and into the aluminum side plate, as well as the four little screw that mount the shell holder to the aluminum plate. 

The magazine extension has a sling holder that sticks out on the left side.  I might remove that.  If we ever put a sling on it it would be mounted under the gun like most guns have them mounted and only be used in the field.  We'll never use any type of tactical sling.  The safety has a long plastic piece that holds the safety in place and keeps it from moving on and off.  I want to get the regular round piece (ball) instead.  I'll have to see if the spring that keeps the pressure on it is the same or not.  The only thing left to do is add a tritium bead sight! 

Pic's to come later or tomorrow, my daughter has a lacrosse game and my son has a baseball game tonight.

NYH!! ;)

"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"