Author Topic: My new H & R Model 155 Shikari  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Cplfitz

• Trade Count: (0)
My new H & R Model 155 Shikari
« on: May 14, 2011, 07:26:24 AM »
Just joining the numbers of you who I have been reading over the past few weeks about these Shikari rifles.  Came across one that I thought was a good deal, considering the cost of a Buffalo Classic (BC)!  Have had fun shooting and 1873 Springfield which I haven't fired in about 20 years, but wanted something simple, easy, fairly light, etc.... Found the Shari.  This is the Carbine length (24 in) and ported bbl.  Have any of you seen any bbl's ported on these guns????  IT is also tapped for a scope, of course it didn't come with it, so I need some feedback from all of you on what you are using.  Look forward to sharing with you again, but really interested in what you have to share with me ..... and others thinking maybe the same but maybe shy to ask!

Cplfitz

(All it take for Evil to prosper is for good men to do Nothing!) Burke

Offline Catshooter45

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
  • Contributor
Re: My new H & R Model 155 Shikari
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 07:43:24 AM »
Ported!  How about that.  Never seen or heard of that on a Sharki.  Bet it's aftermarket.

But good deal on the rifle.  I love those old dudes, and haven't seen one at a decent price in years.

Watch out though, the .45-70 can be real trouble.  It can make you forget that there are other calibers!

Pics!!!

Cat

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: My new H & R Model 155 Shikari
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 09:31:01 AM »
Welcome Cplfitz! Use the search feature, you'll find lots of discussions on the Shikari.  ;)

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?action=search

I can't really see any purpose for someone to add a brake to a Shikari unless the previous owner had some serious shoulder issues, they aren't made to handle loads over trapdoor which have mild recoil in comparison to levergun and higher level loads, the cast iron frame just won't handle it, they do shoot cast bullets very well tho.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain