Author Topic: Soc it Flli Galesi Brescia 6.35  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
Soc it Flli Galesi Brescia 6.35
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »

Whats the info on this pistol? Mine is nickle plated With the black grips and the little silver AG "button" towards the top of the grips.

PSF xx

Anyone know what year this may have been built and what the value would be in good shape? Bore is mint

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Soc it Flli Galesi Brescia 6.35
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 01:48:33 AM »
bigblock:  I haven't seen one of those Galesi 25s or 22s since the late 60s or early 70s.  I do not know if they were discontinued during the 70s but I do not recall seeing much or many of them on the shelves after that.  They were a simple straight blowback design; depending on the caliber, the centerfire was more reliable although every one in 22lr I handles was a lot of fun to shoot and was reliable.  I doubt parts are available.  Value?  I believe the last one I saw new was priced at somewhere near $50 or $60 - I do not believe they retain a great deal of value but, maybe someone else here has a different take on them. 

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 05:13:20 AM »
I had a .25acp some time in the 60s. Nice little gun wish I had held onto it. I've not seen another since letting go of mine. They were fairly low cost guns back then and I doubt time has been so kind to them as to now have them worth all that much.

I doubt I'd carry it these days as I did back then as now Kel-Tec makes both .32acp and .380acp in a similar size package.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »

Mikey, they weren' t victims of the same legislation that took the PPK and turned them into PPKS, were they?
Steve
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 03:57:18 PM »
What legislation turned the PPK into the PPK-S?
The PPK and PPK-S Have been around since before WWII.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »
Bill are you sure? I can remember years back when gun control was a popular topic, someone introduced legislation to put restrictions onto imported handguns, things like limiting the dimentions of a gun like Berretta model 70s and others couldn't make the cut, so their manufactures modified existing handguns. The PPK was an original but, the PPKS is a PPK with a PP gripframe. I'm getting too old to remember but, the 1970s should be close?
Steve
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!