Author Topic: ATI Stock Question?  (Read 289 times)

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
ATI Stock Question?
« on: September 29, 2011, 03:47:32 PM »
Hi All,

I have seen the pic of the fellow who got blasted in the eye when the stock collapsed on an ATI adjustable stock.  Anybody have an idea of what calibers would be safe with this stock and still keep the adjustable option, or would it be best to modify the stock so that it can't collapse?

thanks

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline casca1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
  • Contributor
Re: ATI Stock Question?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »
greetings,
I posted same question less than a week ago, an got all kinds of scarry answers!
my ATI stock arrived monday  I mounted it on a cut down 20ga for my runt 10yr old.
it seems even with stock a not extened he is a little small.

The way it looks to me- it would be easy to just place a 3/4 dowel rod at desired length  then install an old H&R butt plate over stock end to keep it located.  Matter of fact going to pick up another one to install on a 22 hornet for him.

BOB'S guns had the best price at $48.??
wouldn't want it for accuracy  but fun
I DON'T WANT NO MORE ARMY LIFE
PLEASE SIR,
I WANNA GO HOME
1983-1990

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
Re: ATI Stock Question?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:13:53 PM »
Went into a friends gun room and he was going to show me something and when he shut the door - NOT SLAMMED just shut the door -a gun standing beside the door dropped about 6 inches (standing up in a built in gun rack.) The stock calapsed just from the door vibration and the guy was disgusted and says that does that all the time.... I do not know what caliber recoil that would be equal to but it was just dumb. I don't want one. Not worth the risk.
If you get one please keep it on something with very light recoil.
thejanitor