Author Topic: Women In NYC Get Interested In Learning to Shoot!  (Read 1002 times)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Women In NYC Get Interested In Learning to Shoot!
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:12:42 PM »
Just saw this article in the NY Post  ??? (a NYC newspaper)  :o 8)

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/hot_shots_QHTkE9DgNzs6tibVQt9YWJ

What is the world coming to?  ::)
Imagine asking your girlfriend; "Honey, do you want to go shooting with me this Friday?".  8) 
I personally think this is great!  The more people that get involved in the shooting sports the better. With enough people getting interested in the shooting sports especially in NYC, there might even be a change in the perception of gun ownership.  What do you think?
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Women In NYC Get Interested In Learning to Shoot!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:15:05 AM »
What !!
They need to be sent to a reeducation facility!! ;D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:50:25 AM »
 Just when ya thought NYC couldn't get any worse!!  They throw in something like this to proove a guy wrong.  There's probably alot of people that own guns in NYC. But they may try to avoid media attention. ???

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 05:13:16 PM »
That's good news and great that it's getting publicity. The only way to change minds about the 2nd Amendment is to take people shooting. I was raised by a gun hating, Kennedy voting, Massachusetts liberal mother. I took her shooting for the very first time 2 years ago and she had a great time. After taking her very first shot with a .22 rifle she replied "that was fun!". Whenever I run across a gun hater I make sure I don't get defensive, instead I try to convince them how fun it is to shoot and welcome them to go shooting with me any time.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 11:24:51 AM »
DB73:
Very worthwhile, even if those people don't  pick up the sport. At least they may not fall into the ranks of anti's.
Unfortunately a whole attack force of black flies >:( and the unwillingness of my own club to have a visitors program that allows members to take someone to shoot for a token fee is  preventing this for me here. :(

What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.