Author Topic: ar mag s  (Read 758 times)

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
ar mag s
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:54:56 PM »
when you buy ar buy the mag that manufacturer sell for that gun after market mags are trouble i know through  trial and error. the polymer don't rattle and scratch as much ether.-when you buy a cheap mag that's what you get.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ar mag s
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:51:31 AM »
Just the opposite of my experience with ARs. I don't know off hand how many mags I have for my ARs, but it's got to be 50>. Everything from the $30> mags to surplus Asian for a couple bucks. It's been my experience, that if they have good springs and followers, and the mag tube is undamaged, they all work great. Not sure what AR you have, but most mags that come with a new gun are made by an aftermarket manufacturer.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 01:40:20 PM »
I have to agree with Savage on this one.  My Colt eats just about anything from old surplus mags to brand spankin new.  Even swapping out mags with buddies, it's never had a problem because of a mag.

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 02:06:52 PM »
Never paid over $10 for a mag and most were 2 or 3 bucks.  Like the others have said, good spring and follower with no damage to the body and all my ARs are good to go.  Then again I've only got 300 or so.  What could I know?   :o

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 10:55:47 AM »
Most of the mags that come with the rifles are made by an aftermarket supplier.  The only really bad mag I got from a manufacturer was the one that came with my Bushmaster.  The mag had all kinds of sharp steel slinters on the back spine of the mag where it's welded.  A little work with a file and it's good to go now.

Have you used all of those 300+ mags?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
I have some used mags that cost 6 bucks . They were covered with carbon they had been used so much but they worked. I have C product mags , Colt mags and others . What I have found is mags built to military spec work . Mags not built to military spec may or may not work . I have yet to try plastic mags so I can't say anything good or bad. I find the same thing with M1-A mags also.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »
Every mag that I have ever used in my Bushmaster has worked just fine...I like Magpul PMAGS and I usually pay around $14 or so for one 30 rounder. 
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 12:50:47 AM »
im not to fussy either but if im buying new ones ill usually buy c products or magpul pmags.
blue lives matter