Author Topic: WELCOME..to the newest foreign car line  (Read 497 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
WELCOME..to the newest foreign car line
« on: June 04, 2011, 01:22:43 AM »
  We have a new foreign owned auto manufacturer in the states; thanks go to the Obama administration;
  http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110603/CARNEWS/110609967
  Now, I don't harbor the antagonistic attitudes toward the "foreign" brands, that some folks do.  After all, some of those brands are more "American" than the traditional American brands.. Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord for instance, have more domestic content than almost all other makes.
   However, the old smugness of some Chrysler owners who say"buy American" will have to be a bit muted from now on. ;)

Of course, there is consolation for some in that of the 48% of the corporation remaining in American control, much of it was presentyed as a gift to the same unions which have played a great part in the loss of the corporation to an overseas entity !

Welcome to  the US..Fiat corporation..Your Fiat 500 is 'cute' 

...And JEEP, you old warhorse; sorry to see you lose your citizenship..  Now your birth certificate is in also in doubt !  ;) ;D ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: WELCOME..to the newest foreign car line
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:42:36 AM »
So let's see....if we follow the IG logic of car industry support...i.e. none....there would be no domestic car industry....it would all be foreign corpos.... ???

..TM7

BY golly TM; sometimes you stumble onto the truth without even realizing it !  Fact is, taking domestic content into consideration, there are no truly American or truly foreign car manufacturers anymore.  Here's the latest figures on the "top 10" most American cars..   http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/06/ten-most-american-cars/
   Scroll down to the picture chart, where you will find the Toyota Camry to be the #1 "most American" car ! ;) :D Ironic huh !
   I was lamenting the idea that B Hussein's finageling has now transferred majority ownership to a foreign entity...except for the part he bought with OUR money and GAVE to the unions.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)