Author Topic: rifled liners  (Read 358 times)

Offline rampa room artillery

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
rifled liners
« on: June 29, 2011, 02:49:16 PM »
I have found a rifled musket builder that can rifle any size I want for a price.  i got a rough quote for a 1-1/8 about 20 inchs long for 300 dollars.    it will cost him 800 dollars to tool up, so i will have to get a few barrels made.   

what is the bore that everyone wants??    1.25??  that is what i am thinking.  that way i can have them cut out of 1.25 seamless steel tubing. 

I want to get at least one and build another double banded brooke rifle with correct rifling.

rick bryan

Offline gunsonwheels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: rifled liners
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 04:19:24 PM »
I'm afraid there might be as many different requests as there are numbers at the hundreths place.
I for one would like to buy a few (up to three) around the 40mm area (1.568" dia. land x 1.618" dia. groove) by 45" to 55" long (capable of lining anything up to a 3/4 scale CW piece).

I have found the 40's very accurate and can still use lead projo's without too much weight and at the same time give a close to full scale response at a fraction of the cost.  Besides there is a fellow from Nebraska with a 40 in a 2/3 scale 1861 Parrot that usually shows to our annual meet and is always near, if not at, the top of the competition... and that's at 800 yards.

What is his max. stroke or bed his length?

GOW

Offline PaulB

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:37:14 PM »
I'm afraid there might be as many different requests as there are numbers at the hundreths place.
I for one would like to buy a few (up to three) around the 40mm area (1.568" dia. land x 1.618" dia. groove) by 45" to 55" long (capable of lining anything up to a 3/4 scale CW piece).

I have found the 40's very accurate and can still use lead projo's without too much weight and at the same time give a close to full scale response at a fraction of the cost.  Besides there is a fellow from Nebraska with a 40 in a 2/3 scale 1861 Parrot that usually shows to our annual meet and is always near, if not at, the top of the competition... and that's at 800 yards.

What is his max. stroke or bed his length?

GOW
1 1/2"(or 40mm) by 36" gets my vote, that way you could build 1/2 scale. If the price stayed reasonable I will buy one

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »
When I spoke with Rick the other day the fellow was doing full length 58 cal springfield style barrels
so he has some length on this machine..... hopefully Rick can tell us more.
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium