Author Topic: Largest Theft of US Funds in National History....niiiice!!  (Read 514 times)

TM7

Largest Theft of US Funds in National History....niiiice!!
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:41:25 AM »

Largest theft ever...??  So, this is what its all about!.. ::) 8) TOTI...There will probably be no mass media coverage of this,...this one will likely go down the memory hole under the carpet Meanwhile, people will worry about Palin's email's, stonings, etc.....fyi...TM7

By Liz Goodwin
– Mon Jun 13, 1:40 pm ET
The Iraqi and U.S. governments have been unable to account for a substantial chunk of the billions of dollars in reconstruction aid the Bush administration literally airlifted into the country. If the cash proves to have been stolen, the heist could represent "the largest theft of funds in national history," according to a report in the Los Angeles Times.

Pentagon officials determined that one giant C-130 Hercules cargo plane could carry $2.4 billion in shrink-wrapped bricks of $100 bills. They sent an initial full planeload of cash, followed by 20 other flights to Iraq by May 2004 in a $12-billion haul that U.S. officials believe to be the biggest international cash airlift of all time.

Special inspector general for Iraqi reconstruction Stuart Bowen told the paper the missing $6.6 billion may be "the largest theft of funds in national history."

Iraqi officials say it was the U.S. government's job to keep track of the funds, which were brought in as an emergency measure to keep basic infrastructure going after Saddam Hussein's ouster. House Government Reform Committee investigators found in 2005 evidence of "substantial waste, fraud and abuse in the actual spending and disbursement of the Iraqi funds."

Witnesses testified that millions of dollars were shoved into "gunnysacks" and disbursed to Iraqi contractors on pick-up trucks, with what seemed to be little financial controls or accounting on the part of the U.S. government.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110613/us_yblog_thelookout/more-than-6-billion-in-iraq-reconstruction-funds-lost Logged

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Largest Theft of US Funds in National History....niiiice!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:57:57 AM »
And then, not to be outdone, the Obama administration has made 3/4 trillion dollars disappear in the form of "stimulus."  Hey, it's just paper.
Swingem

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:19:05 AM »
Combine the stimulus, bailouts and QE and you get into multiple trillions.  Now we find out that some QE went to bailout European banks, presumably so that Greek government workers can retire early with full benefits, etc.  Some would argue that QE money was counterfeited, not stolen, but either way I am not amused.

I know you were talking about Iraq.  The pastor at our church was a chaplain in Iraq.  He described it as a system where if you want to rent a truck first you have to bribe the brother-in-law of the guy who owns the truck, since he actually bought it, and then he's got to buy gas from someone who charges too much because his uncle works for the distributor.  Of course, none of these people actually make a regular salary.  It's just typical of a totally screwed up system.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 04:26:15 AM »
ok lets change the color of our money and on a certian day everyone switch .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:28:08 AM »
I remember saying when that whole Iraq thing started that we should nuke em off the face of the earth.  That would have been the cheap way to go.  It's always best to go cheap.
Swingem

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 04:48:35 AM »
I remember saying when that whole Iraq thing started that we should nuke em off the face of the earth.  That would have been the cheap way to go.  It's always best to go cheap.

since the iranian weasel got nukes, I think Israel will take care of it for us.
we need to start drilling in anwr so we'll have some gas when the middle east is a smoldering ruin.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 06:39:23 AM »

It would have been a heck of a lot cheaper  to have left them alone.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 07:46:30 AM »
BOHICA

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 11:37:59 AM »
You start slinging those nukes around, maybe just maybe you get a few coming your way if you start that and IMO you would  have it coming.
 We are not back in 1944/45. ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.