Author Topic: *&@%& the public and the taxpayers..  (Read 495 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
*&@%& the public and the taxpayers..
« on: June 16, 2011, 03:50:19 AM »
  The union must be privileged at all costs !  Do any union boosters agree with this action by the police union ion  Scranton, PA ?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/true-story-pa-police-union-files-complaint-against-chief-for-making-off-duty-arrest/

Obviously, the purpose of the various police agencies is not to fight crime or "serve and protect", so much as they are for making and preserving jobs for union members.. :P

Or is this the REAL problem..the chief is after drug users & sellers...

http://scrantonpoliticaltimes.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=65524&p=3&topicID=38854425
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: *&@%& the public and the taxpayers..
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 05:02:08 AM »
a popup blocked me from reading the story, but I know that most union have outgrown their usefulness.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 05:19:55 AM »
Bugeye - Just click on "No Thanks" on the pop-up, then it will disappear and you can read the story.

IG - The union is being absurd on this issue.  The police chief is a "police officer", though one higher in rank, and is qualified to make the arrest.  If we take the union point to the extreme, according to their interpretation, even the police sgt should not be allowed to make an arrest. 
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 05:34:24 AM »
Good times.  No but really, we need unions or otherwise our 8 year old children will immediately be forced into 80 hour work weeks!

The amazing thing is, there are still union apologist stupid enough to believe what I just said!

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 05:40:23 AM »
amazing. I wonder how the union would feel about someone making a citizen's arrest?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 06:17:19 AM »
amazing. I wonder how the union would feel about someone making a citizen's arrest?

Happens in Michigan sometimes...last citizen arrest in this area was with a shot gun full of bird shot that went directly into the criminals behind.  All legal...since we have the right to stop a felony here.  That criminal was "detained"...and waiting for the ambulance. 

Maybe the Unions would be better off just sticking to what they do best...which is send their people's money to the political party for elections.  It's about all they can handle.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »
a popup blocked me from reading the story, but I know that most union have outgrown their usefulness.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Dan Duffy, police chief of Scranton, PA, while out of uniform, discovered one of his local characters, who is usually wanted for some type felony or another..to be carrying & using drugs, so he arrested the perp.
  The local police union promptly took the chief to court, claiming he was taking work away from the union members.
       They lost their case, but are pursuing it again.

The chief is relatively new to the job and has vowed to press criminals hard, especially drug users/sellers, since drug use is responsible for probably 90% of the crime in Scranton..or anywhere else in the US, for that matter..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)