Author Topic: Weinergate..  (Read 6716 times)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Weinergate..
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2011, 10:11:09 AM »
I'm not surprised at what President Obama said about this affair. Say what you will about his politics, I think Obama is a good & decent guy. Weiner, on the other hand, well, he's just a... [refer his name, in diff terms]

such an apt name...
YT3 - You're probably correct, Mr. Obama, may be a decent human being. 
Can't say the same about his being a decent President.  Just my opinion.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2011, 01:17:12 PM »
He's obviously not an egotistical narcissist like Weiner.  I think he was the shy kid who excelled at public speaking and came to see it as a substitute for the love he so craved but never got.  People like that are sometimes pretty weird too, but no one ever finds out about it.  I doubt if his own wife knows him very well.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2011, 01:22:47 AM »
Why would a decent guy sit for 20 years listening to a preacher "G-- D--- America", and who hates everything about the country the "decent guy" has been elected to lead ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2011, 03:17:21 AM »
Why would a decent guy sit for 20 years listening to a preacher "G-- D--- America", and who hates everything about the country the "decent guy" has been elected to lead ?

IG. But but but the obamination slept through all those hate white America sermons, he didn't know wright was like that, least he said he didn't. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2011, 04:30:43 AM »
waiting for yt3s response ::)
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2011, 06:10:12 AM »
Keep waiting, junior.

Of course, the hates everything about America bit is silly ideological statemen on your part, but I understand it's part of your schtick & religion.

How many sermons have you listened to by the infamous Rev. Wright, and what was your impression of the ones you heard through? I've not heard a single one, just the red meat excepts. But I'll tell you this: when he says, infamously, God Damn America... I'd check to see what he was talking about. What was the context? In some areas, I think I'll be onboard with him.... yes, God Damn America for some things, and God Bless America for others. 
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2011, 06:15:11 AM »
oops, double-post. Well... let me use this one to say,
I'm off to Vegas.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2011, 07:40:28 AM »
oops, double-post. Well... let me use this one to say,
I'm off to Vegas.
Good luck! Hope you make enough to buy a few more rifles.  8)
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2011, 10:11:26 AM »
Keep waiting, junior.

Of course, the hates everything about America bit is silly ideological statemen on your part, but I understand it's part of your schtick & religion.

How many sermons have you listened to by the infamous Rev. Wright, and what was your impression of the ones you heard through? I've not heard a single one, just the red meat excepts. But I'll tell you this: when he says, infamously, God Damn America... I'd check to see what he was talking about. What was the context? In some areas, I think I'll be onboard with him.... yes, God Damn America for some things, and God Bless America for others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Yellow;  I've heard enough to know the guy is hate-filled...pretty hard to miss...
  Damning anything is a pretty final step... fortunately, God doesn't take orders fron Rev Wright..or any other human, for that matter.
  That is exactly why using that term used toward any person, place or thing..is a serious sin.  ...But hey; it's his pulpit  and if he wants to test the wrath of God...that's his choice..free will, you know !
   The fact that he used that term at all in relation to our country, proves his hate for same;
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36T1fnIafC0   At least we know where Michelle got the idea of not being proud of her country..

... Actually; here's another seemingly hate-filled message by Rev Wright.  I listened to several videos of his sermons and found not one place where he said ANYTHING positive about America, itself !
    BTW:  Don't miss the first few seconds of this video; did you know Jesus was a "black man" ?  Pleased to see the Rev sticks so close to biblical truths and common historical knowledge... ;) ;D ;D
               http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdJB-qkfUHc&feature=related
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2011, 12:34:45 PM »
IG. I watched the video. WOW, what a racist pig, and the obamination didn't know about him after 20 years of hearing that vile crap?? POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2011, 01:02:45 AM »
  All I can say is, I wouldn't listen to that hate filled rhetoric for 5 minuites, say nothing about 20 years !  I guess the old adage concerning "worship" attendees is true...  "If you sit for that..you'll stand for ANYTHING" !
     Incidently; that is supposed to be a 'worship' service, I didn't see much worshipping taking place..a little rock & roll maybe, but didn't spot any worship.  A good sermon should leave the congregants edified in some way,  It's seems more likely that kind of preaching would simply leave folks angry. 
   So what is his aim, and how is this likely to affect the actions of someone who may take this clown seriously for 20 years ?

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2011, 04:04:47 AM »
The state of Black leadership is pretty sad.  Herman Cain is such an excellent role model, but the Wrights of this world denounce him.  Ghetto kids should all read the works of Thomas Sowell, but if one of their teachers found them with his books they would probably be expelled.

Maybe Junior can help me with this.  There was a Delta blues guy in the 60s, I think his name was Son House.  One of his albums had a song where he says "I'm going to be a Baptist preacher so I don't have to work".

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2011, 04:21:46 AM »
TM says;
  " but I suppose he is quite POed at the plight and history of his black brethern and the raw deal they got, or think they got.... So it seems like your saying when it comes to Rev Wright....there should definitley be separation of church and state in his case......I believe this is what Obama did eventually"..!!
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So when does all the hating and muck-raking stop ? 
     I recall a time when my great grandparents were cheated by a Welshman..should I hate anyone who has a Welsh name ? Should I go about condemning every distinctly Welsh attribute that anyone exhibits..  Should I shout/preach "G-- D--- Wales" ?
   Even if one of my own nationality were elected Prez...should I go on spitting hatred about Welshmen ...even though many Welshman may have voted for my type to be prez?  Should I go on and on about how people of Welsh ancestry cannot shoot straight ?
   Now..with apologies to those posters of Welsh descent...such is only a hypothetical..no Welshman cheated my great grandparents...but can anyone doubt how ridiculous this perpetuation of hate is ?  How sensible is it to spit hatred and indict EVERYONE of any given nationality or race...because of what SOME of them, may or may not have done many decades ago ?

TM..Concerning your last sentence; Wright can preach whatever hatred he wants; first amendment, you know... I just hope most people aremore intelligent than to fall for such vitriol ! 
      Fact is; who is it that cries the loudest to punish people for "hate speech"... it's not conservatives such as myself...it's invariably liberals, who want to limit the free speech of those who oppose them !

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2011, 04:41:43 AM »
What Weiner did, I would expect from a drunk 20 year old college kid. If that's all the maturity you got, resign, grow up, and find out what life is all about. Your still a wet behind the ears punk kid, that probably needs mommy to wipe your butt for you. I feel sorry for his wife, as she married an idiot. Not sure if he put up a good front and fooled her, or she's that immature also. Goes to show you whats running Washington!! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2011, 05:10:26 AM »

I don't know much about Rev Wright, I'm not too interested in his doctrines, but I suppose he is quite POed at the plight and history of his black brethern and the raw deal they got, or think they got.... So it seems like your saying when it comes to Rev Wright....there should definitley be separation of church and state in his case......I believe this is what Obama did eventually..!!

..TM7
[/quote]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So when does all the hating and muck-raking stop ? 
     I recall a time when my great grandparents were cheated by a Welshman..should I hate anyone who has a Welsh name ? Should I go about condemning every distinctly Welsh attribute that anyone exhibits..  Should I shout/preach "G-- D--- Wales" ?
   Even if one of my own nationality were elected Prez...should I go on spitting hatred about Welshmen ...even though many Welshman may have voted for my type to be prez?  Should I go on and on about how people of Welsh ancestry cannot shoot straight ?
   Now..with apologies to those posters of Welsh descent...such is only a hypothetical..no Welshman cheated my great grandparents...but can anyone doubt how ridiculous this perpetuation of hate is ?  How sensible is it to spit hatred and indict EVERYONE of any given nationality or race...because of what SOME of them, may or may not have done many decades ago ?

TM..Concerning your last sentence; Wright can preach whatever hatred he wants; first amendment, you know... I just hope most people aremore intelligent than to fall for such vitriol ! 
      Fact is; who is it that cries the loudest to punish people for "hate speech"... it's not conservatives such as myself...it's invariably liberals, who want to limit the free speech of those who oppose them !

TM - Pray tell, what does the plight, raw deal, and history that Wrights black brethren got to do with the us?  Neither I or my family have ever owned black slaves.  I would wager a guess that the majority of the people in the U.S.A. and their families have never owned slaves.  If you look at our history, you will see that all new immigrant groups into the U.S. suffered some sort of discrimination and oppression during their initial years in our great nation.  If the discrimination and oppression from Americans was so great why are those people still coming here?  Most of those different ethnic and racial groups managed to work their way into the mainstream of American life.  That includes black Americans that worked hard and wanted to succeed.  So why would Wright or anyone spew hatred against those that work hard for their dream? 

IG - +10!

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2011, 06:25:40 AM »
Weiner is expected to announce that he is going to resign today. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110616/ts_yblog_theticket/rep-anthony-weiner-stepping-down

Top Democrat officials relieved.   ??? :o

Guess his wife just beat him up.  8)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2011, 06:30:01 AM »
Thats ashame. He shouldnt resign. He was doing a valuable publice service serving as the national punch line
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
................... I feel sorry for his wife, as she married an idiot. Not sure if he put up a good front and fooled her, or she's that immature also.

This guy is very well connected, to the point his wife has got a very nice job with Hilary. I doubt she will loose that whatever he decides to do. Even Pelosi barely could get it out of her trap that he should resign. Lets see how long he stays in Rehab. He learned something from the Hollywood creeps, male or female.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2011, 11:57:52 AM »
OSR....don't ask me--ask Rev Wright... I'll wager that most whites don't really get the black experience, or want to get it...where and what they've been thru, etc. Doesn't matter if you own slaves or not...its the 'system'. Don't worry though....if the 'system' keeps going the way it is, you will eventually know what they are talking about--from firsthand experience.
..TM7
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No; I haven't lived the "black experience"..nor the Irish experience, nor the native American experience, nor the Polish experience, .nor the Japanese internment experience...
   But most of these people do not go on and on day after day, year after year bemoaning the events of 1, 2 0r 3 lifetimes ago..  Sitting around cursing the past darkness, is relegating oneself to mediocrity..
    Surely you have not heard Allen west, Herman Cain, Thomas Sowell, Condoleeza Rice or Walter Williams doing that exercise in futility.
   If we want to go back far enough, we can all dredge up something to shed crocodile tears over.
  My own ancestors were mistreated by authorities of the RC and Anglican church, finally rounded up as a warlike highlander and sold as an indentured to the New World.  Here in this country, they were mistreated by the crown..just as many of the rebels (Patriots) were.  I spent some of my youngest years in a small "class conscious" town, where through a series of hard breaks, our family were among the poorest.
  Still, you will not hear me whining about events of a lifetime past.  I am not alone in this..I know many others in the same situation.

I have had times between churches when I was seeking a new body to join with.  I would visit a church once or twice to get the general "feel" of it's aims and doctrine.  If I didn't agree, I would 'dust my feet' and cross them off the list.  As with most people, I join where I am in agreement and continue on in the beliefs and doctrine which we all share.   I firmly believe that to sit under preaching such as Wright spews out, one would HAVE to be in agreement with him...because they could easily found another, more sensible church !

Offline magooch

« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2011, 04:50:09 PM »
I don't think Obama is decent at all.  He's a married guy and he's been screwing the whole country.
Swingem

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
I don't think Obama is decent at all.  He's a married guy and he's been screwing the whole country.
Touche!   8) ;)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »
Well, Weiner is gone   and he has a new job offer at twice his present salary. Some people step in poop and come out smelling like roses. He is one of them, at least jobwise.

IG
 On the list of people that you mentioned that stopped complaining or should........................perhaps another group should do so as well. I'll let you figure out which one.

Hint: That bunch knows how advantageous it is to play victim.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline powderman

« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
Well, Weiner is gone   and he has a new job offer at twice his present salary.

HEH. Probly the  obaminations new morality and family values czar. Why not?? He has an admitted pedophile for school safety czar. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2011, 11:12:17 AM »
I guess that's why he waited so long to step down.  It took him 3 weeks to line up his new gig.  I figured he would be in charge of broadcast decency at the FCC.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2011, 05:30:11 PM »
Hot News Flash!

Ex-Congressman Anthony Weiner just announced he will run for President and has selected Attorney General Eric Holder as his Vice-Presidential running mate. 
Weiner-Holder in 2012.   ::)

That Presidential campaign button would be a collectors item.   ;D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2011, 12:30:21 AM »
OSR....don't ask me--ask Rev Wright... I'll wager that most whites don't really get the black experience, or want to get it...where and what they've been thru, etc. Doesn't matter if you own slaves or not...its the 'system'. Don't worry though....if the 'system' keeps going the way it is, you will eventually know what they are talking about--from firsthand experience.
..TM7
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No; I haven't lived the "black experience"..nor the Irish experience, nor the native American experience, nor the Polish experience, .nor the Japanese internment experience...
   But most of these people do not go on and on day after day, year after year bemoaning the events of 1, 2 0r 3 lifetimes ago..  Sitting around cursing the past darkness, is relegating oneself to mediocrity..
    Surely you have not heard Allen west, Herman Cain, Thomas Sowell, Condoleeza Rice or Walter Williams doing that exercise in futility.
   If we want to go back far enough, we can all dredge up something to shed crocodile tears over.
  My own ancestors were mistreated by authorities of the RC and Anglican church, finally rounded up as a warlike highlander and sold as an indentured to the New World.  Here in this country, they were mistreated by the crown..just as many of the rebels (Patriots) were.  I spent some of my youngest years in a small "class conscious" town, where through a series of hard breaks, our family were among the poorest.
  Still, you will not hear me whining about events of a lifetime past.  I am not alone in this..I know many others in the same situation.

I have had times between churches when I was seeking a new body to join with.  I would visit a church once or twice to get the general "feel" of it's aims and doctrine.  If I didn't agree, I would 'dust my feet' and cross them off the list.  As with most people, I join where I am in agreement and continue on in the beliefs and doctrine which we all share.   I firmly believe that to sit under preaching such as Wright spews out, one would HAVE to be in agreement with him...because they could easily found another, more sensible church !
OKay, that's nice.....good for you......TM7
  ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well TM;
   Your answer shows that you want no part of reason and common sense.  You don't even attempt to refute any of my points, but appear to desire to go on aiding and abetting perpetual whining.
    It is a known fact that "enablers" do not help those who are addicted to a destructive habit (such as putting their efforts into whining, rather than self-imptovement) !  Those individuals mentioned by name above, directed their energies toward the positive and became great...good examples..