Author Topic: Questions about a CW45  (Read 1327 times)

Offline wallacem

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
Questions about a CW45
« on: August 28, 2011, 04:41:51 AM »
Okay guys, I just bought a new CW45.  Please tell me the real "skinny" on it.  I have looked and can't find any test results on the gun.  Plenty of info on the CW9, but not the 45.  One thing I notice about it, the trigger is long, and you have to pull it all the way back to where it stops,, and then just a tad more pressure, and it fires.  Seems like it might need adjusting, but since it is the first Kahr I have ever pulled the trigger on, I just don't know.  Anyone else have any knowledge?  Thanks,  Wallacem in Ga

Offline paul105

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Questions about a CW45
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:38:24 PM »
Your description of the trigger pull sounds about right -- it does take some getting used to.  I happen to like it.

Here's Jeff Quinn's (Gunblast) review of the CW45

http://gunblast.com/Kahr-45s.htm

Paul

Offline gs50401

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 06:40:43 AM »
Mine is able to use my 7 shot 1911 mags unmodified.  Others have to grind off some metal to get them to function in a Kahr.

Offline flhshvlhed

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 01:01:32 AM »
As stated - the trigger is pretty much as you described.  They are somewhat akin to a double action trigger w/o the stacking of the spring.

I purchased a CW45 to replace my P40 (after my daughter decided that she liked my P40  >:( ).  Kahrs, when new, are somewhat "gritty", due to the finish that is on the barrel.  On both of mine, I used a dremel w/ the polishing wheel and some rouge.  It took about 20 min or so of polishing the outside of the barrel and other surfaces, they both became a whole new gun. 

Kahr recommends 200 rds or so as a break in period.  By polishing the surfaces, I believe that it cut down on that period.  On both of them, after the polishing, they have exhibited no malfunctions.

Offline Steve E

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »
I bought a CW9 for CCW and really liked it but as I like the 45 acp and my Wife liked the CW9 a little more than me I ordered myself a CW45. I really love it, it has surprisingly very little recoil (at least to me) and is one of the best shooting 45's I have. Accuracy is very good for such a short barrel. The trigger on mine seems fine, it is smoother than when I bought it though but it wasn't bad to begin with. It is my daily carry gun. I wish I would have gotten one sooner.

Steve E...........
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member