Author Topic: Accessory barrel program?  (Read 362 times)

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Accessory barrel program?
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:44:04 PM »
What is the status of the accessory barrel program these days? I was thinking of getting a .44 mag or .45 Colt barrel fitted to my SB-2 frame but I seem to recall there have been a lot of delays since they became Remington owned.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Accessory barrel program?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
They're alive and well, turn around time is about a month including shipping, I just had a 7mm-08 Light barrel fitted not too long ago. See the New Acc Barrel sticky.  But don't plan on gettng a 45 Colt barrel any time soon, it was discontinued long ago.  :-\

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 02:49:03 PM »
Thanks Tim!
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Rodland

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 05:23:38 PM »
Just had a 357 fitted. H&R rec'd my receiver 5/19/11. I rec'd package 6/13/11 and it looks and shoots great.
My remember'er is broke, but my forgetter is getting better.

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 06:36:20 PM »
My daughters light contour 7mm08 was back a month after we sent in the frame. No complaints from us! And as much as I hate to admit it, her extractor out of the box is much more reliable than my older 7-08 w/ejector.... That sticky ejector gave me headaches until I went through and figured out the problem- part being case lube residue, so the newer version isn't so bad.  ;)  I had never used the barrel program before and to get a barrel I really want I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It was worth the money because we got exactly what we wanted. thejanitor