Author Topic: pardner stock removal  (Read 1345 times)

Offline mr1

• Trade Count: (0)
pardner stock removal
« on: July 11, 2011, 04:26:56 PM »
I need to remove stock from a pardner model sb1. it appears to be riveted on. any help please.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: pardner stock removal
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 05:16:51 PM »
The stock is held on by a bolt, inside the stock.  Remove the recoil pad or plate, and there will be a hole, just large enough for a 3/8" socket.  That should do it!

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:02:25 PM »
Easy as pie! Unless your stock bolt requires a long screwdriver.  ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 02:39:42 PM »
And if it does require a screwdriver, make sure you get the blade in the slot and not between the head and the stock, otherwise, when you twist it can force the thin stock wood out at the side.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 05:32:54 PM »
All pardner stocks I have removed required a 9/16" socket and a long extension. Remove the recoil pad or butt plate and you will see the stock bolt down in there.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 11:43:59 AM »
+1 to what Markus said.  9/16" should do.  However, the old Harrington & Richardson (so pre-NEF) used a slotted screw.  Like Ben said, take off the buttplate or recoil pad and you will see a hole going the length of the stock.  Look down in there with a flashlight and you will see the head of the bolt or screw and can figure out what you need from there.

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 04:17:48 PM »
Either a 9/16" or 14mm socket with a long enough extention (or 2 shorter extentions) will work....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 04:20:30 PM »
And if it does require a screwdriver, make sure you get the blade in the slot and not between the head and the stock, otherwise, when you twist it can force the thin stock wood out at the side.
how do you know that? ::)
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 05:43:38 PM »
Glad to say that Ive seen the results of doing so on another fellows gun, and only came close one day when I was tired and it 'just didnt feel right', so I backed out, checked the position of the slot with a flashlight and started over. I highly recommend some rubber hose over the screwdriver shank and/or some tape wrap to help center the thing.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 07:20:56 AM »
All the slotted one's I have seen are also hex head forget the screw driver and use either a 9/16" or a 14mm socket with and extension turn lefty loosy righty tighty. To reinstall make sure you stuff something into the socket so it will only cover the hex head and you can push the bolt all the way to bottom of hole and not cross thread the bolt. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 07:28:21 AM »
Glad to say that Ive seen the results of doing so on another fellows gun, and only came close one day when I was tired and it 'just didnt feel right', so I backed out, checked the position of the slot with a flashlight and started over. I highly recommend some rubber hose over the screwdriver shank and/or some tape wrap to help center the thing.
good idea.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye