Author Topic: Wisconsin Dem Senator Kohl squashes workers collective bargaining rights  (Read 589 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=238598

Isn't this guy supposed to be a champion of workers rights? As owner of a Milwaukee business he and other business owners have locked out their workers over wages and wants to deny them bargaining rights.

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
What workers?  They play ball.  If 5 million a year to shoot hoops ain't enough they can do something else?  They could even retire after a year if they don't spend the whole 5 million.  Playin ball sounds like a good deal a million or so either way. 

I personally don't care if they get 5 million or 5.8...this all sounds silly to me. 

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
What workers?  They play ball.  If 5 million a year to shoot hoops ain't enough they can do something else?  They could even retire after a year if they don't spend the whole 5 million.  Playin ball sounds like a good deal a million or so either way. 

I personally don't care if they get 5 million or 5.8...this all sounds silly to me.
here in atlanta they spend all their time in trouble with the law.  they show up in buckhead dressed like pimps and shove people around and usually have an illegal gun under their fur coat.
no sympathy here.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Part of the problem is the UNION.  The unions are no longer out to protect the worker and provide a better wage relitive to unskilled workers.  The Unions are out for the union and use the workers to get what they want rather than the wortkers using the union to get what they need. 
I still do not understand why Unions donate $ to the Democrats.  The democrat party is all about NO.  No building, no production, no raw materials, no transportation.  Wow all union jobs.  You would think the Unions woulod want to have more jobs to increase membership, increase training (that will increase value and increase productivity making the union pay scale higher)  Increases in membership and pay scale increases power.  You would think the Unions would want more building, more production plants making millions products.
One of the things that came out of the Wisconson was the opening up of Insurance for the teachers.  The teachers Union was the owner of the Insurance company they had to use and it was low coverage and very high premiums.  In noit having to use that company (union) higher levels of coverage for lower tax payer dollars needed.

Offline BUGEYE

Mcwoodduck.  that's right.   the union bosses are exactly the same as the ussr politburo was.
back in the day they were needed but no more.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

Basically, the more money the ball players get the more money the union gets, it's not like the union is looking out for the ball players...lets face it, they already make enough money to play ball, its not like they NEED more money, the unions do.

here in atlanta they spend all their time in trouble with the law.  they show
up in buckhead dressed like pimps and shove people around and usually have an
illegal gun under their fur coat.
no sympathy here.

That's what happens when a ball player makes too much money I guess... ;)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
The thing here is that in this union crazy state, not one liberal came out to denounce Kohl, nor did any media outlet report that he as owner of the Milwaukee Bucks is trying to "break" the union. This story goes largely unreported here.

I actually could care one wit about the NBA or the players, just like I could care less about Hollywood.

But because Kohl is one of "good guys" he get a pass from the lame stream media. Anyone have a guess what would have happened if Scott Walker owned the basketball team?

Offline BUGEYE

when I found out that the UAW had a plush resort that killed any sympathy for union members.
the members all play dumb, but they know the union bosses are crooked.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Only reason that these guys need a union is, their to dumb to think for themselves. Lawyers looking for a meal ticket. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline jimster

Anyone have a guess what would have happened if Scott Walker owned the
basketball team?

Well Scott Walker does not own a basketball team, I fail to see how hypothetical questions could fit here.
Ball players have the ability to make millions without unions or anyone else, there is a reason unions want their money, there is a reason unions want everyones money.  They don't have a way to make money on their own. Simple as that. Where there is money there will always be organizations/governments looking for it, or any other takers that can't make money on their own based on a product or service. That's a hard fact. Right now the country has more takers than makers, and that is driving us all into a sink hole, the only logical answer is to turn the takers lose from the cash flow and let them figure out where money comes from on their own. Guess this includes unions at some point as well, since they also have to have OPM (other people's money) to even exist.