Author Topic: tc big boar in 58cal., any one else use one  (Read 662 times)

Offline eastbank

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
tc big boar in 58cal., any one else use one
« on: June 09, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
i have a tc big boar and realy like it, does any one else have and use one? i,m thinking about converting it to flint useing a breech plug and lock from a 54 renagade and the 54 stock with the double triggers. i have swapped the 58 barrel and cap lock into the 54 flint lock renagade stock and it fit perfect and the double set triggers worked. eastbank.

Offline leadbutt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: tc big boar in 58cal., any one else use one
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »
I had one before moving on to the 8bore great rifle, don't know about going over to flint, you don't see many of the Big Bores out there, you could allways give Track of the Wolf a call and talk with them,they more than likely would have the parts needed
"Just another day in Oz"

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 01:11:53 PM »
Do I understand correctly that you intend to pull the breechplug from two T/C barrels and switch them?  If so, that is not so easy as it  may seem. T/C breechplugs are infamously tight, it's almost impossible to remove them without damage. Then if you got them out and switched them there is about zero chance that the flats of the plugs would line up with the flats of the barrels. Rumor has it that Green Mountain is once again producing their famous drop-in replacement barrels and if you can find what you want I think you'd be way ahead. Or perhaps sell one or both T/C's and buy the rifle you hope to make.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 08:50:51 AM »
plus one on changing breach plugs they are really hard to get off.

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 08:03:08 AM »
+1

I would not recommend trying it.
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA