Author Topic: The republican party is still dead  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonalds. Blecch!
The republican party is still dead
« on: July 31, 2011, 05:51:35 AM »
I was hoping that the tea party would have had a transformative effect on the republican party, but apparently it hasn't. It's considered by insiders as a kind of tumor within the party. Bad news for us schlubs who pay taxes. I appreciate the efforts of the tea party and Club for Growth congress people, but when I see the result their work had in the current debt fiasco, I'm more disappointed than ever in congress.

We have long term problems being addressed by people whose incentives and thinking are short term.

The thought that the republicans and democrats would most likely have simply rubber-stamped a spending and debt limit without influence of the tea party tells me all I need to know about the republican establishment.

Just ranting. I hate to see what they're doing to this country.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: The republican party is still dead
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:23:08 AM »
Both parties are dead!..............They both need to be buried, because the stink is overwhelming!!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 12:25:26 PM »
Without the tea party, the debt limit would have simply rubber stamped and passed as usual. So, the tea party was beneficial in the respect that debate has happened. That being said, if the agreement passes, it is only a flea on an elephant and does not change the economic direction that is in place. Protect yourself and you family.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 04:49:43 PM »
Both parties are dead!..............They both need to be buried, because the stink is overwhelming!!

You can say that again!
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:25:52 AM »
I'm getting a little tired of this crap about trying to equate Republicans with dumycrats.  Yeah, I know there are a number of Republicans that don't seem to have a stiff enough spine, but to say they are the same as the dumycrats of today is like saying that Junior and Ironglow are cut from the same cloth.  Night and day, guys--night and day!

Ironglow, my appology to you for placing your name in such close proximity to Junior, but it was the first name that came to mind as antithetical to what Junior represents.  And Junior, you have no reason to feel insulted either; my only aim is to acknowledge your proud alliance with the dark side.
Swingem

Offline Casull

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 04:45:31 AM »
Magooch, good post. 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 05:34:17 AM »
They are cut from the same cloth. They're both Americans.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline magooch

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 06:06:14 AM »
Not in my view.  America has many weaves; some ain't worth a shirt.
Swingem

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »
I'm getting a little tired of this crap about trying to equate Republicans with dumycrats.  Yeah, I know there are a number of Republicans that don't seem to have a stiff enough spine, but to say they are the same as the dumycrats of today is like saying that Junior and Ironglow are cut from the same cloth.  Night and day, guys--night and day!

Ironglow, my appology to you for placing your name in such close proximity to Junior, but it was the first name that came to mind as antithetical to what Junior represents.  And Junior, you have no reason to feel insulted either; my only aim is to acknowledge your proud alliance with the dark side.

If you want to believe there is a big difference in the DC scum from both sides of the trough, then that is your prerogative, but some and every day more and more see it differently.

I thought we agreed to keep the personal names out of the threads if used in a derogatory way?
You  apologize to IG for using his name in close proximity to Junior and tell Junior he shouldn't be offended............... Because you just wanted to point out he is a part of the dark side.

Offline jimster

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 12:07:47 PM »
The thought that the republicans and democrats would most likely have simply
rubber-stamped a spending and debt limit without influence of the tea party
tells me all I need to know about the republican establishment.

Just ranting. I hate to see what they're doing to this country.

God post...and I agree.  A very small number of tea party people, what 5 or 6...were attacked by BOTH rep's and dem's, and even to the point of being called terrorists....they must have done good job or this would not have been so.  If only 5 or 6 people can make this much stink in the middle of that cesspool, we need more of them. Your assessment of what would have happened if not for those few people is right on..RUBBER STAMP is correct, things would have been much worse.  The answer is to try to get more of those people in congress where they can "terrorize" both dem's and rep's and the media.  Think what 20 of them could do...or even 100.  Basically, those few made things a wash, and gave the people a chance to vote more of them in...if they were not there you would have seen the debt limit raised a huge amount along with much more spending and a gob of taxes.  I am also proud of Justin Amash for voting NO as a republican,  stuck by his guns...he could not bring himself to vote for basically nothing...which is what they did.  Nothing.  Good for him.  He has proven to be one to not vote for "what you can get"....just plain NO.  2012...we need more terrorists in congress...if those left wing nuts are mad enough to call you a terrorist your doing it right. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 01:54:51 PM »
nw-hunter. You evidently see no difference in those who support life and those who openly support death for babies, or those who support and promote homosexuality?? Or maybe don't see the difference in those who would deny us our right to bear arms, and those who support the 2nd. Yes, theres a difference. I can see why that is confusing to you. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 03:25:21 PM »
nw-hunter. You evidently see no difference in those who support life and those who openly support death for babies, or those who support and promote homosexuality?? Or maybe don't see the difference in those who would deny us our right to bear arms, and those who support the 2nd. Yes, theres a difference. I can see why that is confusing to you. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

It's one thing to claim a difference and another to actually believe it and do anything about it. The Powers that be are good at playing good cop, bad cop.When we have had a Republican in the white house and a majority in the house or senate, they have done nothing to overturn any bad law put into place by the bad cop (Democrat).

Remember when GW was elected, the Demo's said he was in bed with the NRA and would be under their influence. Lets see! What did he do for you as a gun owner....................NADA!!!! ZIP, NUTTIN.
All BS to get elected, and it works. Time after time. He didn't overturn any bad gun law...Didn't even try.!!!!!! Oh! another thing was the immigration problem. That was solved under old GW.....Right?
I remember GW and V. Fox, the Mex Prez. They fixed it didn't they?No more illegal immigration problem.

We know "Don't we?" that Democrats are for bigger government and Republicans for smaller.....How about that draconian new department instituted by GW? DHS. We really needed more federal police....Didn't we? The government grew by leaps and bounds under Bush.

Since you mention the Abortion issue! Bush ran on the anti abortion platform, and right after he was elected His wife decided to come out of the closet in favor of a woman's right to choose.

They use the same old tired rhetoric time after time because it works. It worked on me for a long time, but I'm well now!! No longer confused!!It will work again because sheeple are easy to fool.Can you say.......BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

Confusing?.........Well! Take your meds. That rainbow colored one ;D

Offline Gary G

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 04:54:04 PM »
I agree with NW Hunter. Both parties slop at the same trough and never tire of blowing other peoples money on whatever boondoggle will get them a few more votes. I too would not have believed how much alike they are until I researched how much both parties spent on social programs when they are the party in power. There is really very little difference in that regard. But they do make different speeches and sound different and that is what most people judge them on; not what they do.

Here it has already been researched for you disbelievers:
http://www.amazon.com/Neither-Liberty-nor-Safety-Independent/dp/1598130129/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1312336104&sr=1-5
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 04:56:10 PM »
nwhunter. Since I can't disagree with a mod all I can say is, ya got me. Whatever you say. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline gr8ful

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 04:56:22 PM »
The problem with Washington DC is INCUMBENTS.  We need term limits.  As long as career politicians spend 3/4 of thier time raising money and trying to get re-elected, the rest of us will continue to get screwed.  If we had MORE Tea Party Senators, some of these problems would be getting fixed.  That is why the people sent them to Washington.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 06:03:50 PM »
Judging by the last decade I would say the only difference between Democrats and Republicans is the Republicans increase the size and scope of government at a slower rate than Democrats but they still increase the size and scope of government at an alarming rate.

If the Republicans keep nominating candidates like Jorge Bush, Juan McAmnesty and Mitt Obamney (the man who laid the groundwork for Obamacare) then we're doomed to continue on the path that we've been on for the last decade.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »
When are the Republicans going to learn to stay out of someones elses business, if you don,t like abortions, don,t get
one, if you don,t like gays don,t marrie one . We all saw what Bush and the arrogant side of the Republicans did to our
country, (sent it back 20 years) .   Obama is doing a hell of a good job so far on a very hard job of getting us out of this hole.  I,ll be backing him again.
The less religion we have in our government, the better *

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 02:20:05 AM »
When are the Republicans going to learn to stay out of someones elses business, if you don,t like abortions, don,t get
one, if you don,t like gays don,t marrie one . We all saw what Bush and the arrogant side of the Republicans did to our
country, (sent it back 20 years) .   Obama is doing a hell of a good job so far on a very hard job of getting us out of this hole.  I,ll be backing him again.
unborn babies need protection. they are living human beings with beating hearts. but if it's legal, how about I go snuff out that crying baby in the restaurant.  if I did that, there would be no difference between us, we would both be murderers.   and if you back imam obama, you'll get what you deserve.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Casull

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 03:21:52 AM »

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!   We have an invader from the huffington post.  Now, that is funny.  Fellow must have dyslexia, since he got his words in wrong order.  Should have been "obama is doing a good job of sending us to Hell".  The problem with obama and the "hole" is that he forgot the most important rule . . . when you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you do is STOP digging.  Heck, he brought in a backhoe.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline magooch

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 05:29:01 AM »
If the Dumycrats and Republicans are exactly the same, then why does the Tea Party group sit with those on the right?  Some of you seem unable to distinguish between "not ideal" and "really, really bad." 
Yes, there was a time when the Democrat Party had some validity.  I still didn't like most of what they favored, but anyone who was around back then can see the difference with what they are now.  There is virtually no difference today between the American communist party and the Dumycrats.
Maybe with the Tea Party influence, the Republican Party can be realigned sufficiently to earn some confidence, but trying to throw then in the same box with the communists (dumycrats) is surrendering to hopelessness.
Swingem

Offline NWBear

• A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:43 PM »
nwhunter. Since I can't disagree with a mod all I can say is, ya got me. Whatever you say. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)

While I don't agree with everything you say Powderman, I have and will defend with my life your right to say it.  If we can't disagree with a moderator, here, I am afraid all is lost. This is the essence of FREE SPEECH.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 12:37:20 PM »

While I don't agree with everything you say Powderman, I have and will defend with my life your right to say it.  If we can't disagree with a moderator, here, I am afraid all is lost. This is the essence of FREE SPEECH.

this is off topic.  an entire thread was deleted because of me voicing my opinion, no name calling.
so that the rest of you won't lose your posts, I'll just bow out and just browse here.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 05:32:22 PM »

NWBear! Have you had a problem with any moderators on this forum as far as disagreeing, or one stifling free speech? If so, then PM me or Duckiller  and we will address the issue with you.What we as moderators are asked by the Adm to do is............Keep these threads civil and free of abusive, Flaming, name calling, bad language and such.Lets get this thread back on track and keep it there. My Apologies to those of you that are doing just that!