Author Topic: Tax cuts vs the economy  (Read 7190 times)

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Tax cuts vs the economy
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2011, 04:30:12 AM »
I agree with Sidewinder.  It just seems like pastors celebrating their own TV skills.  If you called them on it, they would probably say all the grandeur helps them make believers out of sinners.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2011, 05:41:07 AM »
Why does a religion have to have a Mega-Church? I can not believe Jesus would live in one of these castles while his people huddle under bridges.  These churches are tax exempt properties. This means some one else must pay more taxes to make up for this lost revenue. Jesus often cautioned his followers to give their extra wealth to the poor. What is wrong with a simple house of worship?? :)
Nothing is wrong with a simple house of worship.  Nothing is wrong with the ultra mega churches that were built for the glory of god.  Not sure what you have against religion.  Is it the tax part?  the tax exempt part was done so that a town council does not tax a church out of existance that they do not like. or want in thier community.
Thelargest churches usually did the most for the poor and the church was the place to turn if you needed (help, money for an emergancy, medical needs or other.)  I remember a gentleman in our church that was down on his luck and needed some help making ends meet.  The church did not just give him $ they gave him a job, they paid for counciling, they grabbed clothes from the bazzar for the kids from the donations as well as for him and his wife.  Members of the church had odd jobs for him as well as jobs for his wife and family.  He was able to get back on his feet and get out of his problems.  A church is a center of community, the larger the community the larger the house of worship needed to house them.  We had a small church built in the early 1800's and we tried for years not to have multiple services as it seperated the community.  We noticed when or if anyone was absent and we checked on those people and made sure the elderly were taken care of, especially if they did not have family near by. The youth group made meals, checked in on them and soem of the older youth group kids were dispatched to drive them to and from services.  Memebrs of the church were an extended family that went back to the 1800's.   

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2011, 04:46:40 PM »
they should  ALL pay their fair share of the taxes
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2011, 04:59:12 PM »
they should  ALL pay their fair share of the taxes
The people that gave to the church already paid taxes on that money when they earned it!

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2011, 05:00:29 PM »
I belive money is given to chuches to do Gods work not to promote  Contruction Companys. How does that make me Anti-religion,really?  As I rember that is what started the whole Protestant movement. The churches of by the 15th century were putting too much into giant biuldings and an upper class. Maybe Martin Luther, John Knox and others wasted their time?? ???

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2011, 05:09:34 PM »
I grew up in a small church, biggest one actually had five bedrooms and I feel totally out of place when I step into a big church for a wedding or a funeral, but thats just me. If a church needs to have a big gaudy building to attract seat-fillers and can pay for itself with donations, then who are you or I to criticize them? No one is dragging you in.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2011, 06:41:12 PM »
I belive money is given to chuches to do Gods work not to promote  Contruction Companys. How does that make me Anti-religion,really?  As I rember that is what started the whole Protestant movement. The churches of by the 15th century were putting too much into giant biuldings and an upper class. Maybe Martin Luther, John Knox and others wasted their time?? ???
[/quote

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2011, 06:54:37 PM »
muslims  say they are  ''doing  gods  work''

so they don't have to pay  taxes

government  is wise  enough  to KNOW what  gods  work  is

some have a real  high opinion  of government

when  i buy something  or  hire some one...it is with money  i paid taxes  on

churches  have a sales tax  number so they don't even pay sales tax on  pizza delivery

i am just saying  NO TAX BREAKS    unless  we  all get an equal break

just treat them  like  a corporation or any other entity
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2011, 05:35:18 AM »
45-70 if we question this as taxpayers we are some how no longer chrisitians??  If you don't like it stay away, wow. Churches own ranches and farms and giant corporations of course its all doing the lords work.  The intent of not taxing A church had nothing to do with this kind of activity. This is churches linked hand in hand with poiticians.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2011, 07:05:07 AM »
Again choices.  People have the choice of how and where they want to worship.  If you think the church is too big or lavish then join one that is small and simple.  If you want a big church then build or join one.  Telling others what they can and should do with their money, even if it is tax free money, is not for you to do.  Do you think it is propper for me to tell you how and where to worship and how to spend your money?  I have good intentions and know what is better for you.  Oh wait that is the liberal line and they try to codify their wishes limiting your choices to do what you want with your $, your time and your property. 

45-70, What is a fair share?  Fair share is liberal code for we want you to pay more, even if you are paying 50% or more we want more from you and are playingthe class warfare card, that the rich have more than enough.  Fair is equal to all.  Our tax system is graduated and not fair to all.  The more you make the more they take.  How is that fair?  What percentage of total income is fair?  and as we all have shown the Church does better with funds and gets more directly into the hands of the needy than the government does.  Are you saying we need to tax the church and take more from the needy and give it to the government to create larger programs that keep people needy to keep and expand the program.  Circular logic that makes no sence and kills a middle class that has generated our standard of living.  We need uber rich to hire the rich to hire the middle class to lift people from needy and entry level.  The whole give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish.... (he will sit in a boat and drink beer)
If you give him a fish he will show up day after day asking for another fish and then demand larger fish or more fish (social programs) from you who spends time, fortune, and energy in fishing.  If you allow hgim to go fiush for himself ne inventions will be made to gather more fish, employing those not on the coast to make the goods and services needed.   So we now need the boat, gas, beer (stuff to make and bottle beer) some one to service the boat, make the rods, reels, and hooks.  All capable of buying the fish.  Restaraunts to cook the fish.....  You see if we take the fish from the fisherman at some point he no longer wants to fish.  I understand giving a portion of the fish to people that are there to protect him from those that want to steal the fish (Police - Local governemnt) and those that will save him in case of a problem or to protect him from someone else comming in to take over (coast guard- Military / Government) There comes a problem when the people there to protect you are taking more than their fair share and 50+% of the fish are headed there.  Making it so the fisherman can not give a fish to a needy person or take them fishing with him and employ them to help feed others.

Offline Casull

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2011, 07:27:38 AM »
Very well said, mcwoodduck. 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2011, 05:06:07 PM »
That is a real fish story.  The founding fathers never intended for this to happen. ???