Author Topic: Weaver Super Slam  (Read 498 times)

Offline MS Mule

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Weaver Super Slam
« on: August 05, 2011, 12:13:28 PM »

I'm considering a Weaver Super Slam to mount on an Encore 35 Whelan. Does anyone know of any pros or cons about this line of scopes? I've found them at temptingly reduced prices along with a rebate. Any input would be appreciated.

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Weaver Super Slam
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:05:33 PM »
I own a couple of the Nitrex TR2 scopes.....Nitrex and Weaver brands both owned by ATK, who also owns CCI, Speer, Otis and other gun related companies.  The Nitrex TR2s are made by same Japanese company (LOW)  using same optics and internals as Super Slams....so basically same as a Super Slam.  I'm very pleased with optics and features of my Nitrex.  Very very clear glass and adjustments are good.  I've absolutely have no complaint about mine.  Only negative thing I've read on internet by a Nitrex owner was it was a heavy scope (high power ones).....not one you'd want to put on a light carry rifle.  So, while I don't own a Weaver labeled scope, feel safe to say, nothing wrong with a Super Slam.....compares well with much higher priced scopes.  I've viewed thru enough Leupolds, Burris, Zeiss Conquest, Sightrons and etc. to write that.