Author Topic: Perhaps this explains something..  (Read 650 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Perhaps this explains something..
« on: August 12, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
   I have long been puzzled over the vitriol hurled at Sarah Palin.  Here is a woman who is bright, has been the CEO of our largest state..with a small population.  Such a large, rich and diverse state has it's own complications, but she managed them well.  She even successfully established transnational construction projects.  Although strikingly beautiful, no sissy-flower ios she. She has crewed on a fishing boat ion Bristol bay and hunted big game with aplomb.
   Still guys here have nothing but distain for her....why ?  Sure, she resigned a job because she was faced with half a million dollars in  legal fees because of frivilous and politiucally driven lawsuits...still her detractors here pretend to not understand !
     To quote Shakespeare.."thou protesteth TOO much...methinks" !  Frankly, I have long suspected a hidden bigotry at work here.
     She is not alone..quartrebacks can be abused for the same reason..unspoken bigotry..  This is brought to our attention by a sports writer..
   http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Time-for-us-all-to-have-a-little-faith-in-Tim-Tebow-081111?gt1=39002
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Perhaps this explains something..
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 03:33:50 PM »
While I agree with much of "what Sara says", I don't agree with "what she actually does", with one case in point being, campaigning hard in Arizona last election to help get the two faced, anti border securing, 2nd Amendment hating, and anti Freedom of speech suppressing McCain RE-ELECTED.
I am sure you will justify this obviously hypocritical act, on her part as debt payment, but that will not fly. She is all hat, and no cattle, in many respects. Her actions many times, dispute her claims.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 04:10:01 PM »
  Thanks Dee;
   At least you give some plausible reasons for your decision.  Most of the "hate Sarah" crowd doesn't try...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 04:46:52 PM »
Let's be clear here ironglow. I didn't say I hate Sara Palin, as I hate no one. I am saying I do not trust her. She is the same as most. She says one thing, and then turns around and contradicts what she just claimed to be. She's a politician! Plain and simple. It's very easy to do what she does, which is: Run around giving patriotic speeches, but doing actually "nothing" more than give speeches.
My McCain example is, a flagrant example. Why would anyone whom claims alignment with the Tea Party "MOVEMENT" support John McCain? Let alone campaign for his re-election? He (McCain) IS EXACTLY WHAT SHE SAYS SHE'S SICK AND TIRED OF IN WASHINGTON, YET SHE BUSTED HER BUTT TO HELP GET HIM RE-ELECTED. When Clowns like Hannity has someone like her on his show all the time, you had better start payin attention. Hannity is nothing more than a performing donkey to get attention to the big dogs in D.C. Watch how often you see Ron Paul on his show. ::)
In short, I could care less what they say about her. Michelle Baccman on the other hand has a voting record of Constitution and Bill of Rights votes, and stands up for what she says.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:19:56 AM »
sarahs voice gets on my nerves but that's my only complaint.  I enjoyed her tv show.
but I lean more toward Michelle Bachman.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Shu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 04:14:10 AM »
I got no dog in this race. Sarah is a much better looking candidate than Hillary, BHO or McCain and in reality looks might be a deciding factor in the picking of the lessor of two evils. I am not really sure about her; in that she got wrapped up in a reality type show setting with the would be son in law. I think a presidential candidate should be a bit more dignified than that. However you have to deal with knuckleheads everywhere. I don't really see how she could be any worse a president than BHO.  I think Bachman might be much better. I hope the conservatives rip their heads out and put forth a decent candidate this year.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 08:13:03 PM »
Libocrats hate any successful conservative female...it just scares the hell out of them.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 08:37:25 PM »

..IG...that's your impression of Ms Palin.  Running out on her governorship is a big faux pas, HUGE. A little scratching the surface reveals some ineptitude and perhaps a negative psychological profile. Dee expressed some real tangible facts...most politicians are chameleons...she especially is. She has some funny religious background, too.  Got that deer in the headlights way about her when put on the spot.  BTW...Law suits that are deemed 'frivilous' fall on the complainent's tab.

BTW,,,the more a public figure person claims innocence, righteousness, and purity....the bigger the target for hurled vitriol they create of themselves.

....TM7

Sounds like someone on this board. :o Now who could that be?  ??? ::) :)

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Buck-Ridge

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 11:16:29 PM »
 I liked her until I watched her show and saw her family dynamics. Young girls don't need to be left alone in the bedroom with their boyfriend. My wife and I both thought it showed really poor judgement.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 03:04:05 PM »
  Like Dee I see her campaigning against real tea party candidates for republican establishment candidates. I can't blame her for trying to help the McCain RINO she kind of owes him one. But she is doing it across the states. I don't trust her.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 04:33:18 PM »
Let's be clear here ironglow. I didn't say I hate Sara Palin, as I hate no one. I am saying I do not trust her. She is the same as most. She says one thing, and then turns around and contradicts what she just claimed to be. She's a politician! Plain and simple. It's very easy to do what she does, which is: Run around giving patriotic speeches, but doing actually "nothing" more than give speeches.
My McCain example is, a flagrant example. Why would anyone whom claims alignment with the Tea Party "MOVEMENT" support John McCain? Let alone campaign for his re-election? He (McCain) IS EXACTLY WHAT SHE SAYS SHE'S SICK AND TIRED OF IN WASHINGTON, YET SHE BUSTED HER BUTT TO HELP GET HIM RE-ELECTED. When Clowns like Hannity has someone like her on his show all the time, you had better start payin attention. Hannity is nothing more than a performing donkey to get attention to the big dogs in D.C. Watch how often you see Ron Paul on his show. ::)
In short, I could care less what they say about her. Michelle Baccman on the other hand has a voting record of Constitution and Bill of Rights votes, and stands up for what she says.
  Dee;
  Apologies...  I didn't word my post before yours very well.  I didn't mean to sound like I accused you of being a "hate Sarah" person.
  I should have said.."at least you give reasons as to why you don't support Palin..  On the other hand, those of  the "hate Sarah" crowd rarely do".